Guardian Jobs Jobs as Head of ICT, RECRUITMENT GENIUS at MidsomerNorton,England,UnitedKingdom 2022
Website Guardian Jobs
This Job Listing is about Guardian Jobs in MidsomerNorton,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
We are committed to providing the very best teaching and learning experience for our Pupils and our ICT provision is integral to ensuring our young people have the best learning resources. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head of ICT to undertake a varied and challenging role.
You will ensure the ICT network is running smoothly to support the needs of the whole School, regularly reviewing the medium and long-term strategy for the development and growth of ICT in all areas. You will have excellent communication, time management and project management skills and have previous experience as a Head of ICT or the ability and drive to step up into a role of this nature.
We are looking for someone who has a recognised ICT Network qualification at minimum Level 4 or able to demonstrate significant experience in a similar role
The position will draw on your previous experience of working as a Head of ICT, ICT Network Manager or similar role managing a substantial service provision with a considerable user base.
Main responsibilities include:
- Strategic management – developing & facilitating technical plans, management reports, budgets, tender documentation
- Technical – overall responsibility for the network infrastructure and related ICT service provision to users in the School, including day to day support
- Project and contract management – effectively manage agreed projects and contracts, purchasing
- People management – line management, including regular meetings, performance management and annual appraisals and training
- Compliance – network security, GDPR requirements, ICT policies and work closely with the E-Safety Lead
Technical skills and best practice guidelines encompassing current versions of:
- Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Server 2012 R2, 2016 & 2019
- Microsoft operating systems for desktops and servers (Office 365)
- Network Management Solutions
- Working knowledge of Apple technologies e.g. iPads
- Helpdesk software and reporting
- Detailed knowledge of filtering, firewall and anti-virus software and associated configuration
- Physical network technologies (switching, routing and wireless)
We are a forward-thinking, co-educational boarding and day school for pupils aged 11 to 18. Founded in 1606 and based just 25 minutes from the famous World Heritage City of Bath, we are one of England’s oldest and most distinguished Catholic schools.
Salary: up to £60,000 per annum DOE
Hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 to 16:00, with one hour for lunch – some planned weekend or out of hours working is required from time to time for specific school events or to provide cover
Benefits: A complimentary lunch, free on-site parking, an employee assistance programme. 25 days holiday per annum plus 8 days Bank and Public holidays
Please Note – All applicants will receive a link / be redirected to the job on the company’s website. Only those applicants who complete the online form will be considered for this role.