Website Guardian Jobs
This listing is about Guardian Jobs in Suffolk, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Secondary Teachers/Supply and Cover Supervisors, Suffolk
Salary: £70-£80 per day (Cover Supervisor Supply)
£105-£115 per day ( Teacher Supply)
Hays Education are the sole provider of Teachers and Cover Supervisors to a number of schools across various locations in Suffolk spanning across Bury St Edmunds, Haverhill, Sudbury, Woodbridge, Coddenham, Long Melford & Kersey.
Your new role as a Teacher or Cover Supervisor
As a Supply Teacher working in a Secondary School, you will be able to cover lessons suited to your curriculum strengths. You may also be required to provide cover across the wider curriculum.
Your Duties Include
- Supervise students in lessons whilst delivering pre-prepared work left by the teacher.
- Managing pupil behaviour in the classroom
- Be familiar with the school’s policies and procedures and deal with any immediate problems.
- Collating the completed work from the lesson and leaving a handover for the returning teacher.
For long-term positions, you will be required to plan, mark and assess pupils work with PPA time given.
To apply to work as a Teacher or Cover Supervisor on a supply basis you must:
- Be a qualified teacher or have experience in the classroom to work as a Cover Supervisor
- Have a flexible attitude to working and timetable changes
- Have knowledge of the secondary curriculum
- Be confident in delivering lessons to secondary aged pupils
This is the perfect opportunity for a newly qualified teacher to get experience in the classroom before taking on a class teaching role. Supply teaching offers the chance to see schools from the inside, helping you to draw up a shortlist of schools that you would like to consider for future opportunities. Many of our supply teachers end up in a long term or permanent role in a school that they have come to know through day to day supply teaching.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Holiday pay and pension contributions per week
- Continued professional development and support.
- Hays Hub app for your tablet or mobile to manage all your bookings
- A dedicated consultant on hand to aid with any concerns or queries.
- Refer-a-Friend scheme worth £250 high street vouchers
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career
Company: Guardian Jobs
Job Location: Suffolk, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org