Website Guardian Jobs
This listing is about Guardian Jobs in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Our Consulting practice is focused on results, supporting our clients in solving important problems so that they can transform their business. We use our understanding of how business works and a knowledge of how the right technology in the right place can create competitive advantage.
Our clients’ needs are what lead our thinking and drive our ambition. Our goal is to be our clients first choice on the issues that matter most because we deliver outcomes that matter. Clients might want us to help them manage disruption and transform their business to adapt in an ever changing world, or draw up a sustainability strategy that aligns their commercial objectives with broader environmental and social concerns.
We work with clients across the Financial Services, Government and Health Industries and the Private Sector and include household names from Government Departments, NHS Trusts, retailers, banks, multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
You’ll get to work closely with the best in industry, finance and Government in the UK and collaborate with clients and colleagues globally, bringing fresh insights and motivation to the problems they face.
Deals provide an opportunity for faster growth, development of stronger capabilities, accelerated operational transformation, value realisation and protection. We draw upon our deals experience across many industries to support and partner with our clients. The insight we create, coupled with the Intelligent Digital tools and methodologies which we use to get to and evaluate the data that matters, and contributes to the success of our clients in all Deals situations. Here you’ll put together major mergers and acquisitions and resolve business crises. You’ll work on anything from international take-over bids to economic crime investigations and cases of insolvency.
Our Summer Internships offer high calibre students the opportunity to experience work and life at PwC, as well as gain a valuable insight into our business and culture. You’ll work alongside graduate trainees and experienced professionals on live and interesting client projects and you’ll be doing real work on real clients so be prepared to get stuck in.
Together, we can build Good Business for a stronger world.
This is the decade for action. At PwC, our ambition is to build trust in the climate transition and help our clients create sustainable value to meet Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) goals. We do this by helping organisations transform sustainably; build the credibility of reporting, particularly around non-financial metrics and climate reporting; develop and implement investment strategies for the future; and support their people through a fair transition. We continue to make sure that our own business is ready to meet the challenge, too.
As a Board agenda, we have the opportunity to engage way beyond the Chief Sustainability Officer or Chief Risk Officer which gives us the opportunity to bring the broader firm’s capabilities to our clients alongside the expertise of our Sustainability & Climate Change team.
Working in ESG at PwC you’ll maximise the opportunities to change and create value at speed, for our clients and our communities with the care and imagination it takes to lead for the future. Together we can build good business for a stronger world.
Today, organisations need to be invested in ways that not only generate returns here and now, but also create sustainable value for the future. But what does ‘sustainable value’ mean? It’s much more than financial. It’s about regenerating environments; creating fairer, more equitable societies; and building greater trust between people, businesses, investors and governments.
To succeed, our clients now need to put ESG front of mind so they’re in the best position to identify and maximise new investment opportunities; access capital; restructure or divest the old; and effectively manage investment risks.
We Have 4 Key Capabilities That Support Our Clients To Do So
Our goal in Deals is to help our clients create truly sustainable value, bringing together the expertise, innovative thinking and cross industry insight they need to succeed, whether we are working with governments, corporates, lenders, start ups or funds.
- ESG Deals Strategy & Execution – including ESG Deals Strategy, Diligence & Valuation
- Real Assets – structuring, financing and deliver the new infrastructure needed to transition to Net Zero and create a real and lasting impact
- ESG Intelligence & Investigations – supporting clients with ESG intelligence and insight, from supply chain to 3rd parties. When things go wrong, we bring the expertise and experience to help organisations respond and recover rapidly – whether that’s leading investigations or remediating issues around greenwashing, ESG misreporting or misconduct.
- Sustainable Restructuring – we combine ESG expertise and pragmatic restructuring skills with deep functional and industry expertise to support lenders, creditors, companies and individuals to deliver real and sustainable outcomes.
On the internship, there may also be opportunities to be aligned to our Risk, Consulting or Tax teams. As you progress through the recruitment process we’ll work with you to understand your preferences and find the team that best suits your skills and future ambitions.
What You’ll Do
We are scaling our support for clients in tackling their ESG issues and combining this with our broader capabilities across different parts of the business. Whichever team you join you’ll help clients deliver real impact and create tangible value for the organisation. You’ll do this by supporting them to make the most of the opportunities for innovation and growth created by a world economy that’s becoming greener and more inclusive.
During the internship, you will work on a range of projects, both internal and external. Whatever tasks you take on, you will have the opportunity to both showcase and develop your skills, whilst learning more about the team and what we do. You will also contribute to the development and delivery of the wider ESG proposition across PwC UK.
What You’ll Gain
Discover what a career with us is all about, and deepen your skills. You’ll find out first-hand if this is the career for you – do well, and you could be offered a graduate job to start the same year. Working alongside specialists, you’ll work on client projects to give you the best insight into what we’re about. You’ll have the opportunity to build networks with your colleagues, peers and wider industry experts.
You’ll be working in subject matter that is critically important both to PwC and society.
What you’ll need
To Join This Programme You’ll Need To Either
- Have achieved a 2:1 undergraduate degree in a sustainability (e.g. Environmental Science, Physical Geography with climatology or Sustainable Engineering) or social-related field (e.g. Psychology, Organisational Behaviour/Diversity & Inclusion, Modern Slavery)
- Or have achieved a 2:1 undergraduate degree and have now gone on to complete a sustainability or social-related Masters (e.g. Environmental Science/Finance/Economics or Development Studies)
- Or have achieved a 2:1 undergraduate degree and are now on course to complete a sustainability or social-related Masters by September 2022
Successful candidates will be able to showcase some of the relevant skills:
- Strong understanding of sustainability principles;
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a non-technical manner;
- Flexible and capable of operating and learning in a dynamic environment;
- Ability to apply principles in a practical and commercial setting;
- Capable of applying qualitative and quantitative techniques including data analytics, data modelling and digital technologies (experience or interest using Tableau, Alteryx and Python would be highly desirable)
If successful in being made an offer to return as an Associate with PwC, you will need to be available to commence full time employment soon after the internship concludes in Autumn 2022.
Your visa type needs to allow you to work for at least 6 weeks (at least 37.5 hours a week) over the Summer. Eligible to start a full time graduate role in Autumn 2022.
When to apply
- The deadline for applications is 14 March 2022
- The deadline for the behavioural based assessments is 15 March 2022
- We’ll let you know the outcome of your application on 24 March 2022
- The deadline for the video interview is 31 March 2022
- Assessment centres will take place the w/c 19 April 2022
- Final stage interviews will be held the w/c 25 April 2022
Please note we reserve the right to close this role earlier than the dates above, therefore we would encourage you to submit your application at your earliest convenience.
Find out more
- Our people
- Training and development
- Our events
Do you need a work permit?
Please take some time to confirm your eligibility for the role. We welcome applications from all candidates but there are restrictions to some areas of our business and some points you should note on our website.
Please note that PwC is unable to sponsor any candidates for some roles as the Home Office’s eligibility criteria will not be satisfied. For a list of these roles, please review the ‘Important information’ section of the work permit page on our website.
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
Company: Guardian Jobs
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org