Website Guardian Jobs
This listing is about Guardian Jobs in Leek, England, United Kingdom
About the job
We have some great new permanent opportunities to join Capita Regulated Services as a Mortgage Support Agent in Leek (ST13 5RE).
The purpose of these roles is to proactively engage with customers who have failed to make payments on their residential or buy to let mortgage accounts that are in arrears in line with the FCA Arrears & Repossessions Policy.
We like to work flexibly where possible and can offer both full-time and part-time positions depending on an individuals requirements, which can be discussed further at the screening stage.
We are offering a full-time salary of between £22,500 and £28,500 depending on experience. Full training is provided, and progression opportunities are available.
Full-Time working hours will be 37.5 per week, with working arrangements of hours between Monday – Friday between 8am – 6pm and Saturday 8am-1pm. You will work on a rotating shift pattern to cover these hours. Part-Time hours can be discussed once your application has been shortlisted. Do you challenge the norm? Are you dynamic and inquisitive? We’re looking for people with initiative who focus on quality. Everyone you speak to will be different and you will treat each customer fairly as you explore individual circumstances, sensitively and empathetically.
In this role, you will have difficult conversations through incoming and outgoing calls, to understand and investigate the individual circumstances of customers facing financial difficulty, some of which will be vulnerable. Throughout these phone calls, you will negotiate and agree mortgage payment plans and your primary focus will be to ensure that the customers best interests are met and that payment arrangements are within the customers’ ability to pay.
We’re looking for people who have strong communication skills and the ability to hold challenging conversations with customers in a calm and confident manner. The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a regulated FCA environment, but this is not essential as full training is provided.
You must have a minimum of Grade C GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English – this is to be able to assess and calculate affordability and assess each situation on its own merits
For us, better begins with you. We have ambitious plans for the future, using advanced technology to go beyond just making customers happy, finding the answers and solutions that leave them feeling positive, well-informed, and able to get on with their day. And we’re dedicated to making sure our colleagues-the ones who make ‘better’ happen-have the skills and confidence to wow customers while excelling in their careers. We’ll give you opportunities to learn and develop, with team leaders and managers there to help support and drive your progression forward in the direction you want to go, at a pace that suits you.
What’s In It For You
- A salary of up to £28,500 DOE with regular pay reviews in place.
- FREE CAR PARKING on site at Britannia House, Cheadle Road, Leek, ST13 5RE
- 23 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to grow & develop your career within the Financial Services industry, Mortgages or across wide Capita divisions and accounts
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
Further to this you will have access to an amazing benefits package including
- Exclusive colleague offers on Mobile phone contracts
- 25% off cinema tickets at Cineworld, Odeon, Empire and Apollo
- Discounted Dining Cards offering up to 50% off food
- Discounted at home fitness plans and gym memberships
- Exclusive discounts at your favourite stores including John Lewis, Currys PC World and many more through Capita’s “Perks at work scheme.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Communicating with customers through incoming and outgoing telephone calls to understand their circumstances and negotiate mortgage payments for overdue accounts. Your primary focus will be to ensure that the customers best interests are met and that payment arrangements are within the customers’ ability to pay.
- Analysing customer documentation, including bank statements and income and expenditure forms, to ascertain potential solutions for the customer and respond appropriately.
- Treating customers fairly is at the forefront of all customer contact and regular assessment and monitoring is completed to ensure the customer is treated in line with these principles and that any arrangement plans that are set up are appropriate and affordable.
What We’re Looking For
- Strong communication skills and the ability to talk to customers with empathy whilst agreeing payment plans in a calm and confident manner.
- Minimum Grade C in GCSE Mathematics and English or equivalent. This is to be able to assess and calculate affordability and assess each situation on its own merits.
- Customer Service experience is essential – working in a contact centre would be highly desirable but is not desirable as all training is provided.
- Experience within Mortgage / Collections industry preferable but not essential as all training is provided.
What We Hope You’ll Do Next
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Company: Guardian Jobs
Job Location: Leek, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com