Website Guardian Jobs
This listing is about Guardian Jobs in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
RenewableUK is recruiting for an Office and HR Co-ordinator. This role is a central and varied support role for our team of 30+ colleagues who are largely based in our central London office as well as in our Northern Ireland and Wales hubs and our various associates and partners based all over the UK, including team members working from home.
The role is pivotal in delivering a welcoming, safe and smooth running working environment, providing day to day Office and HR requirements and for providing administration support to the wider team. Duties and responsibilities can be broken into 3 key areas:
- Manage all office facilities and operations to ensure the smooth running of the small London office which promotes a safe and welcoming working environment for everyone and supports our friendly, family feel culture.
- Liaise with the building’s main reception and act as the main point of contact for the building landlord, ensuring high levels of security and to provide facilities support in relation to logging and quick action for any office maintenance jobs or repairs. The job holder will be responsible for booking relevant tradespeople and contractors, as needed, and checking the standard of work.
- Act as our ‘front of house’ to greet all visitors with an exceptional welcome and take care of their needs until their meeting host is available. Oversee the visitors list and daily on-site fire wardens for evacuation purposes.
- Oversee the various office supplier contracts, such as cleaners, planting and kitchen equipment, monitor standards and liaise with contractors on a regular basis.
- Co-ordinate office desk moves, furniture and storage requirements, ensuring we meet the needs of team members and keep within any specified budgets.
- Oversee and co-ordinate incoming goods, post and kitchen supplies, including daily drinks refreshments for team members, kitchen etiquette monitoring, recycling initiatives and catering for on-site meetings.
- Manage the various health and safety requirements such as the completion of fire risk assessments, fire extinguisher checks, lighting checks, air conditioning, DSE workstation assessments, ensuring we have the required number of trained first aiders and fire wardens and that evacuations procedures are regularly communicated.
- Provide support for organising meetings, events and social activities. Ensure all activities are well planned and organised with required equipment and documents pre-prepared and login details sent for dial-in meetings.
- Support the Deputy CEO and Head of Programmes and Planning with activities relating to our People Strategy, liaising with our outsourced HR Consultant, as needed. Activities will include the roll out and ongoing communication of company policies and procedures and supporting new ways of working, during and post pandemic.
- Support all managers with recruitment activities including posting adverts, liaison with agencies, checking the recruitment inbox, responding to candidate queries, right to work checks, logging CV’s, arranging interviews and notifying unsuccessful candidates.
- Co-ordinate the onboarding / induction of new joiners, following the induction checklist and liaising with the relevant line manager. Ensure workstation set-ups, DSE assessments, and organisation wide policies are shared, read and signed where needed, including data protection, health & safety, anti-bribery, dignity at work, working hours, clear desk policy, etc. You will also explain to new starters how to use the HR system, book holidays and record other absences and explain the office facilities.
- Oversee all types of absence recording for all staff, liaising with managers and team members to keep the HR system up to date, chasing and logging medical certificates and adhering to current data protection regulations.
- Complete actions in accordance with the Leavers Form when a member of staff is leaving the organisation and liaise with the relevant line manager, IT Contractor and Finance Controller to ensure appropriate actions are completed.
- Act as receptionist, answering phone calls, responding to general email enquiries and welcoming guests. Providing an exceptional standard of customer service to all members and non-members.
- Provide administration support to all Managers across RenewableUK with meeting arrangements, member workshop bookings, event co-ordination and secretarial support.
- Support the Head of Programmes & Planning, and other members of the team, in project planning, management and tracking of work streams, working with staff across internal teams and offices.
- Development and maintenance of RenewableUK’s library of reports and documents.
This list of duties is not exhaustive and may be added to from time to time. It is important to be flexible and agile.
For more information, do contact Oankar Birdi at [email protected].
Applications must be received by 1 February, with interviews taking place on the week commencing 7 February.
We encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates, individuals who see our values of innovation, trust, collaboration and passion as their own; only those who are allowed to work in the UK should apply.
Company: Guardian Jobs
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org