Website Guidewire Software
This listing is about Guidewire Software in United Kingdom
About the job
Guidewire’s CASE team (Customer Application Support Engineering) is part of the Customer & Cloud Operations (CCO) organization, delivering 24×7 service to customers using Guidewire software both on-premise and in the Guidewire Cloud.
As a Senior Application Engineer, you will be part of a team of Application Engineers in a regional “pod” that serves specified Guidewire customers. You will lead and mentor other team members and provide expert troubleshooting, problem remediation, system restoration, and root cause analysis for all assigned cases.
You are expected to be highly responsive and resourceful to manage customer production issues promptly. You will also be providing technical leadership and mentorship to more junior pod members.
You will have a set schedule that will comprise five shifts per week, including two on Saturday and Sunday. In support of a flexible working arrangement, the remaining three-shift schedule can be discussed during the interview process.
- Research, respond to, and accurately resolve cases of moderate to high complexity in a timely manner and accordance with CASE team standards.
- Function as primary customer contact for all assigned support cases, meeting Guidewire’s contractual and internal goals for initial response and subsequent customer communication
- Provide expert solutions to customer problems to ensure customer satisfaction
- Write thorough and detailed case documentation to meet objectives for Case Quality and Customer Satisfaction scores.
- Proactively take ownership and responsibility for support cases where and when required.
- Escalate customer issues to the CASE Manager as appropriate
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of support
- Participate in after-hours weekend deployments and on-call support as needed
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of Guidewire’s products, achieving Professional-level certification in at least one product area
- Contribute to an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, ,cross-training and an absolute focus on doing what is best for the customer
- Create knowledgebase articles and other informational documents to be shared with customers and teammates
- Contribute to a team environment that will have both local and remote leadership
- Partner with Guidewire delivery teams to understand each customer’s business objectives and integration requirements and rationalize those against established best practices you learn through your experience and that of your peers to ensure successful Guidewire Cloud-hosted customer solutions
- Contribute to technical assessments of incoming Guidewire Cloud-hosted solutions, ensuring that pre-production customer solutions meet our security and performance criteria and adhere to our coding standards
What You Need To Be Successful
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of work experience providing technical software support for a B2B software company
- Experience with a commercial customer incident tracking or CRM system such as Salesforce.com
- Experience using a software defect tracking system such as JIRA
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Java development, web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Ability to read and interpret application server thread dumps, Oracle AWR reports, and other log files.
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills; ability to think critically and display an interest in problem-solving
- Employ sound business judgment when making business decisions
- Use creative and innovative ways to solve problems
- Display a strong work ethic and go above and beyond to get the job done
- Display an understanding of the customer’s needs and a solid commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ensure that every customer is handled with a consummately professional demeanour and the highest possible level of service
- Strong mentoring skills and ability to empower others
- Work weekends (Negotiable shift pattern but Saturday and Sunday should be covered)
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- You will score bonus points if you can also read, write, and speak French
- You will be part of a team that works together at one of our company offices listed above (working remotely is not an option)
- Travel – Expect occasional travel (less than 5%) to other Guidewire offices for training and team meetings
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
- You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
- In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
- You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
- You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.
Company: Guidewire Software
Job Location: United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org