Website Hammonds Furniture
This listing is about Hammonds Furniture in Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today, but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently seeking a Value Added Product Designer – Research and Development to join Tarmac, based at our Central Laboratory at Shawell Quarry, located near Lutterworth, Leicestershire.
The role will see you design and optimise special concretes, and working alongside our regional teams, ensure that the product range is both robust and readily available.
This opportunity would particularly suit individuals with a good level of field-based concrete experience, who is looking to gain more exposure within product research and development.
In This Role You Will
- Allocate and manage development and troubleshooting projects
- Design and optimise concretes, particularly with regard to new material packages and Major Project work
- Ensure company protocols on design and production are maintained
- Foster and maintain relationships with supplier and academic R&D laboratories
- Manage the day to day operation of the National Concrete Laboratory
- Assist with Risk Assessment, and the provision of effective Safe Working Systems
The Ideal Candidate
To Succeed In This Role You Will Have
- A broad technical understanding and strong experience of concrete products
- Familiarity with Readymix production processes and best practice
- Knowledge of Admixture types, and their chemistry
- Supervisory experience gained within a laboratory environment
- ICT Certificate in Concrete Technology & Construction General Principles (Level 2) and/or ICT Certificate in Concrete Technology & Construction Practical Applications (Level 3) would be advantageous
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities including: BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents; Ability
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Company: Hammonds Furniture
Job Location: Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org