Website Hammonds Furniture
This listing is about Hammonds Furniture in Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
About the job
The Hammonds transport department are now searching for an Intersite Transport Driver (PM Shift) to support in the safe delivery of products to various internal and external departments on all Hammonds Furniture Ltd sites.
This is a full time permanent position working 48 hours per week on a 16:00 – 01:30 shift pattern. We offer a competitive salary of £35,443 per annum with a variety of attractive company benefits including a preferential PCP car leasing scheme, Perkbox and more!
Reporting to the Transport Manager, you will be a part of a dedicated Transport and Logistics team, who all have the same thing in common; they care about our customers and are committed to delivering the very best service they can do.
For this Intersite Transport Driver role you will need to have a high level of commercial driving ability and awareness as you will need to ensure full compliance with EU & UK commercial driver DVSA regulations and Highway code regulations, complete daily driver vehicle checks in line with DVSA legislation, and ensure all allocated vehicle daily driver legal documentation has been completed on a daily basis.
You will need to have flexibility and possess a positive attitude to a dynamic working environment. We are looking for someone who is able to get stuck in, willing to get the job done, and has a friendly and approachable manner.
This exciting Intersite Transport Driver opportunity will see you responsible for a variety of duties including:
- Operating a range of vehicles across Hammonds sites.
- Efficient movement of cages, pallets and stillages both empty, loaded, finished goods and or raw materials.
- Awareness and adherence to site Health & Safety policies
- Carry out daily vehicle checks and report any defects.
- Have a thorough understanding of driver’s hours.
Comply With Hammonds Furniture Ltd Regulations In Regards To
- Cleanliness of allocated vehicle.
- Completion of working time directive time sheets.
- Report finished goods and production cage condition.
Due to the nature of the role it is mandatory that you possess a HGV Class 1 license.
What we can offer our Intersite Transport Driver?
- Competitive salary of £35,443 per annum
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Perkbox – (our online benefits portal designed to care, connect and celebrate our people with discounts saving on average of £1000 per year)
- Preferential PCP Car Leasing Scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Discount Scheme
- And More!
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in the opportunity to join Hammonds as our valued Intersite Transport Driver, we welcome you to apply now for immediate consideration.
Application deadline date – 11th February 2022
N.B: vacancies may be filled prior to the expiry date.
Strictly no agencies please.
Company: Hammonds Furniture
Job Location: Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com