Website Harbour Healthcare
This listing is about Harbour Healthcare in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
25.5 hours per week
Cromwell Court, 76 Church Street, Warrington. WA1 2TH
£9.50 (Day Shifts)
Cromwell Court Care Home is a Harbour Healthcare Home and we are in search of a ‘first class’ Cook or Chef to join our team, Part time, including some weekends. The successful candidate will have culinary experience, supporting the Head Chef with kitchen functions including ordering supplies, preparation, and maintenance of quality standards, sanitation and cleanliness, and supervision of employees.
Duties and responsibilities (although this is not a definitive list):
- Support the preparation, cooking, and serving of meals and snacks throughout the day in line with our residents’ preferences and dietary needs e.g. diabetics, texture modified food, vegetarian
- Stock management and ordering supplies
- Menu planning
- Maintain food safety checks and records as per company requirements
- Ensure that you are aware of and adhere to company policy and procedures
- Follow Health and Safety procedures
- Ensure that all equipment and food service areas are kept clean and in excellent working condition
- Work alongside the Activities Team to cater for special events taking place within the home.
- Managing budgets
- Previous experience of working in a care setting
- Qualification(s) in catering
- Qualification(s) in food safety/hygiene
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good team player
- Follow food safety requirements
- Possess good judgement, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Effective time keeping and time management
- To attend and participate in staff meetings
- Complete all mandatory training and other training identified to develop skills
- To communicate effectively with other staff, relatives and visitors including professional agencies
- To practice and promote safe working practices within the Home
Other Benefits Include.
- A duvet day on your birthday!
- Company pension scheme
- Staff recognition awards
- Staff discounts
- Opportunities for training and career progression
This position is subject to two acceptable references and an enhanced DBS Disclosure, the cost of which will be met by the successful applicant.
COVID 19 Policy: In order to work for Harbour Healthcare, you must have undertaken (evidence to be provided) or be willing to have a COVID19 vaccination, unless medically exempt.
We would love to hear from you. Candidates who are shortlisted will be invited to an interview.
Company: Harbour Healthcare
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org