Website Harbour Healthcare
This listing is about Harbour Healthcare in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Cromwell Court, 76 Church Street, Warrington. WA1 2TH
5 days per week every other weekend 10am to 6pm
Do you have the oomph! to join our team?
Harbour Healthcare are recruiting for an Activities Coordinator in Warrington. Harbour Healthcare set high standards for resident care, and being an activities coordinator will mean that you are joining a team that put residents care and comfort before everything else. Our staff are professional, respectful, responsible, well trained and have high expectations of themselves and each other. Above all, they work as a team to ensure that all in their care receive a ‘first class’ service.
COVID 19 Policy: In order to work for Harbour Healthcare, you must have undertaken (evidence to be provided) or be willing to have a COVID19 vaccination, unless medically exempt.
Whether you are an experienced Activities Co-ordinator looking to move and bring your high standards with you or if you are new to activities but know that you have ‘what it takes’ to make a difference to our resident then we want to hear from you!
Are you that ‘special person we are searching for?
We would love to meet you………………come and join the Harbour Team!
Benefits of working at Harbour Healthcare are:
- A duvet day on your birthday!
- Company pension scheme
- Staff recognition awards
- Opportunities for training and career progression
The successful candidate will:
- Be experienced in working with residents living with dementia
- Have a genuine interest in our residents
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Work effectively as part of the Activities Team
- Have the ability to motivate people to participate
- Have good organisational skills
- Have good time management and the ability to schedule and plan ahead
- Build self-esteem
- Keep up to date and informed about new activities
The role and responsibilities include the following, although this is not a definitive list:
- To assist in organising and coordinating activities that are tailored to the needs and abilities of individuals, as well as group activities that will bring individuals together. These would include themed events based on local holidays and traditions
- Booking external suppliers to provide entertainment
- Organising trips out in the local community, considering transport arrangements and accessibility
- To contribute to the planning of a varied and stimulating activity programme to enhance the quality of life for each resident within the Home
- Maintain written records of resident participation and regularly review resident needs
- Maintain a portfolio of information, including the range of activities available within the Home and the local community
- Participate in fundraising events as required.
- To attend and participate in staff meetings
- Complete all mandatory training and other training identified to develop skills
- To communicate effectively with other staff, relatives, and visitors including professional agencies
- To practice and promote safe working practices within the Home
This position is subject to two acceptable references and an enhanced DBS Disclosure, the cost of which will be met by the successful applicant.
We would love to hear from you.
Company: Harbour Healthcare
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com