This Job Listing is about Hays in Cleckheaton,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
<!--> Your New Company
Your new company is a great academy trust who are Ensuring exceptional outcomes for all their young people regardless of their background or starting point.
Your new role
To manage the trust wide Payroll and Pensions function to ensure that all staff are paid accurately and on time and the trust meets all its obligations to the relevant authorities, including HMRC, Teachers’ Pensions and West Yorkshire Pension Fund. Key Duties and Responsibilities
What You'll Need To Succeed
You will be an experienced payroll individual who can confidently take on this role.
- Accurate and timely payment of salaries and wages to all school employees using the trust’s payroll software (e.g. Sage).
- Calculating and executing all payments due for contracted staff, including overtime/variations and expenses and for casual staff.
- Issuing monthly payslips, either manual or via an online portal.
- Maintaining accurate payroll records for all staff.
- Managing a computerised payroll system (e.g. Sage).
- Resolving all pay queries, correction of errors, costing adjustments etc.
- Ensure all statutory and voluntary payroll deductions are paid to appropriate bodies in a timely manner. (e.g. PAYE, NI, Pensions, Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work scheme).
- Liaise with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and Teachers’ Pension Scheme, ensuring their records are accurate. Request estimates, process retirements and support auto enrolment and opt out processes.
- Liaising with HMRC, providing all information required, resolving queries as requested and ensuring outstanding balances are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Calculating and executing all payments in respect of SSP, SMP etc.
- Keeping abreast of all developments and legislation surrounding payroll, pensions and benefits.
- Ensuring all legislation is implemented and adhered to by the school.
- Undertake all year-end procedures, including preparation and distribution of P45s, P60s & P14s and submitting all year-end returns as required.
- Administer year-end Teachers’ Pension EOYC process, including provision of information to external auditors and dealing with queries as required.
- Monthly and annual reconciliations of payroll control accounts.
- Monthly submissions to HMRC and pension authorities.
- Implementation of pay awards.
- Processing ad hoc requests as required e.g. ill health retirement, importing new school data into all systems.
- The post holder will be expected to represent the trust at both internal and external meetings as required.
What You'll Get In Return
Flexible working options available. You will be joining a great working environment and receive generous salary for this contract position.
What You Need To Do Now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4247366-->
- Ability to be reflective and self-critical.
- Enjoys working with young people.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Flexibility, creativity and ability to think laterally.
- Stamina and a capacity for hard work.
- Resolution and problem solving.
- Excellent time management.
- Understanding of confidentiality and ability to maintain this.