This listing is about Hays in Kilmarnock, Scotland, United Kingdom
About the job
Adhoc Ongoing Support Workers needed for well-known social care companies within Kilmarnock and Ayrshire area
Your new company
Hays Social Care work with the very best providers in Kilmarnock and Ayrshire area, these services support children and adults with learning disabilities, mental health issues, autism, and other various complex needs in either residential or supported living settings.
We are currently looking to find ongoing temporary support with the aim to offer permanent positions to suitable candidates.
Your new role
As a Support Worker you will work within a friendly team, offering care and support to service users with various learning disabilities and challenging behaviour within a residential setting. Shifts are initially done on a week by weeks basis; however, block booking (4 weeks+) will be available once several shifts have been completed. We offer a few different shifts including am shifts, pm shifts, waking night/sleepovers with full time or part time hours.
What You’ll Need To Succeeds
- A minimum of 6 months experience within a similar care setting
- SVQ Level 2 or Level 3 are desirable but not vital
- Experience and willingness to provide/assist personal care when required (helping to wash, toilet, dress, and assisting with meals)
- Experience in administering medication, preparing meals and planning and partaking in activities
- Experience with providing care and support to adults or children with learning disabilities
- Experience with dealing with challenging behaviours
- Being passionate about supporting people with a genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- Excellent communication skills with a positive attitude and the ability to be a good team player
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive hourly pay rate available averaging at £11p/h
- £250 voucher refer a friend scheme
- Free PVG registration
- Free mandatory training including and access to continuous free online training
- Opportunity to gain permanent employment upon successful temporary placement
- A personal service with a dedicated consultant
What You Need To Do Now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4119280
Job Location: Kilmarnock, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com