Head of Wholesale Credit in Absa Group Victoria, Seychelles
Website Absa Group
This job listing is about Absa Group in Victoria, Seychelles 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
- Provide leadership to the wholesale credit team through effective performance management of the wholesale credit risk function to achieve its strategic objectives, whilst managing operational risk within specific team environment.
- Will be the wholesale credit expert to wholesale relationship managers working with a defined portfolio of high value, complex and sophisticated customer connections. Has a direct impact upon credit quality and therefore consumption of economic capital.
- Support with the objectives, strategies and actions that need to be adopted to reduce the bank’s risk, often acting as the catalyst for change in our customers’ business strategy. May manage the credit risk relationship (i.e. monitoring and control) and implement strategies through direct contact with the customer in some situations.
- Support credit risk and business decisions through provision of detailed analysis of the Portfolio of both the performing book and distressed customers.
- Responsible for post sanction monitoring and control activities such as maintaining & monitoring covenants, excess management and all other monitoring activities vide MISeports to stake holders ensuring accurate, speedy and efficient delivery of service standards and effectively identify problematic corporate customers early in order for corporate credit to take remedial action to safeguard the banks’ lending.
- Assist in co-ordinating impairment projections to support planning, budgeting & forecasting. Ensure impairment charges are taken in line with policy.
- To work in conjunction with the CRO to play a key role in the leadership and management of all aspects relating to Portfolio of both the performing book and overseeing distressed customers where action is appropriate.
- The role will also include responsibility for the training & development of all staff working within wholesale credit.
Accountability: Team Leadership 30%
- Develop a highly motivated team by maintaining excellent relationships within own team and wider business to ensure achievement of business goals.
- Lead by example across the risk community ensuring a collaborative approach to the Relationship and Sales Risk Partnership.
- Support in driving business performance, including providing highly effective performance
- Proactively embed agreed change initiatives e.g. in support of process & quality improvements, cost reductions and development of credit people.
- Manage high volume workflow to world class standards of quality and cost.
- Deliver within cost budget using ‘working smarter’ approach.
- Consider the training and development needs of the team and support the development and implementation of solutions.
- Act as a role model and drive proactive application of Absa Values throughout the team including establishment of common goals and objectives.
- Ensure effective performance development and succession planning for the team.
Accountability: Credit Risk Management split 30%
- Manage credit quality through the sanctioning, sampling and application of best practice to credit proposals across wholesale portfolio (incl. financial institutions) and maintenance of these standards throughout the corporate and credit teams.
- Implementation and ongoing delivery of credit policy and processes. Feed into business and credit policy development.
- Sole lending discretion (credit mandate) which will depend on experience and qualifications, subject to an accreditation process.
- Exercise personal judgement and discretion in the evaluation and approval/decline of credit proposals.
- Challenge pricing in order to maximize value. Ultimate sign off at customer level remains with business.
- Responsibility for personal & team adherence to governance, compliance and lending portfolio controls. Ensuring conformance to policy and procedures including proactive management of agreed responsibilities for data integrity.
- Ensuring delivery of a world class post sanction operation and monitoring control, maximizing systems capability to resource for maximum cost efficiency and effectiveness.
- Encourage best practice and make recommendations for process change as appropriate.
- Ensure robust and appropriate control over portfolio information and that reports are produced, reviewed (challenged) by all key stakeholders in the country as well as at Centre team.
- Maintain relationship with relevant Africa Regional Operations (ARO) and Centre Risk and Audit Teams.
Accountability: Business Partnership 20%
- Work in partnership with the Country Commercial Director to ensure that the local credit team acts to proactively manage and exceed the expectations of customers.
- Engage with key stakeholders to proactively add value.
Accountability: Business and Team Management 10%
- Develop a strong network of internal contacts, external and panel professionals to maximise benefits and promote the team.
- Drive business performance, including setting appropriate targets and challenges and provide highly effective performance management information.
- Coach and support team members through various initiatives
- Proactively adopt agreed change initiatives, e.g. in support of process and quality improvements
Accountability: Risk and Control 10%
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, as well as group and localised frameworks, standards, policies and procedures
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Company: Absa Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Victoria, Seychelles
Application Deadline: N/A