Director of Programs in Heifer International Provinz Lusaka, Sambia
Website Heifer International
This job listing is about Heifer International in Provinz Lusaka, Sambia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Director of Programs under the direction of the Country Director, will coordinate all the Heifer Zambia projects in the province. He /She will be responsibilities for the overall project implementation and coordination of all the programs/projects within the Country. The Director of Programs will assist the Country Director in the development and implementation of a CP’s strategic plan. The Director of Programs represents Heifer Zambia within the country of operations.
Essential Character Traits
Alertness, availability, boldness; cautiousness, creativity, decisiveness, dependability, determination, diligence, enthusiasm, flexibility, resourcefulness, self-control.
Responsibilities & Deliverables B. Program Planning and Budgeting (15%) C. Budget Management and Monitoring (15%) D. Program Reporting, documentation and learning (20%) E. Program Strategy Research and Positioning (15%) F. Business Development H. Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Program Management (25%)
- Assume overall responsibility for the management of all Heifer Zambia programs and provide line management support to all Programme Managers.
- Provide Leadership for Programme Managers in the management of the field resources and project budgets and ensure these are used in compliance with approved guidelines (vehicle and motorcycles management, etc.).
- Implement annual performance management processes for all Program Managers and support them to ensure these cascade to all Program staff.
- Staff performance management system for all program staff implemented on a quarterly and annual basis ensuring the achievement of 100% of the set performance targets.
- Enhanced compliance and accountability in the management of project resources, achieving 100% compliance.
- Over 80% of the planned milestones are achieved by the projects on schedule.
- Ensure 100% compliance with all the project donor contractual obligations by all the project staff.
- Ensure managers all projects develop annual budgets and workplans consistent with project documents and donor contracts.
- Ensures that project teams undertake the necessary review and update workplans and budgets to respond to emerging field implementation challenges and project review processes.
- Review all support in the execution of Letters of Agreement (LOA) between the beneficiary groups and/ or Producer Organizations and Heifer Zambia.
- Provide leadership in the development of the Heifer Zambia Power Water and Internet Initiatives.
- Project workplans and budgets (annual, quarterly and monthly) developed for all approved projects every financial year and implemented in line with project documents and workplans.
- Periodic and timely reviews of budgets and reforecasting of all approved projects workplans undertaken and shared with Headquarters and respective donors, ensuring alignment with the donor contracts
- Effective management of partnerships between beneficiary groups and producer organizations who are supported by the project, to ensure 100% adherence with the LOAs.
- Biannual and annual review of the Zambia Country Program Framework with clear actions to address any identified gaps.
- In coordination with the finance department undertake monthly budget monitoring and variance analysis with all Program Managers and support the projects in reviewing and tracking spending to adhere to annual budgets.
- Support Program Managers and the Country Program to plan and undertake corrective management actions arising out of budget monitoring reports.
- Approve program related requests for imprest and reconciliations in line with work plans and financial management procedures.
- Monthly and Quarterly budget reports are developed for all ongoing projects for highlighting status of project spending and presenting these in the monthly operational meetings. Implementing and tracking all the proposed corrective measures to address any variances beyond +/-10%, ensuring that the spending is brought on track within the planned period.
- Ensure program request for imprests and reconciliations approved in line with workplans and financial management procedures.
- Review regular quarterly, semi- and annual reports from the Program Managers and support them to comply with requirements of quality reporting and timeliness.
- Review donor reports from the Program Managers to ensure they comply with requirements in terms of quality and timelines and ensure these are of the highest standards.
- Compile quarterly Country Program Reports to provide oversight of the Country Program implementation.
- Provide leadership in country program project evaluation efforts and disseminating lessons.
- Lessons learned disseminated.
- All project progress reports (quarterly, semi- and annual reports) from the Program Managers and Project Coordinators are compliant with expected quality standards and timelines.
- All donor reports from the Program Managers and Project Coordinators are compliant with expected quality standards timelines and donor formats.
- Zambia Country Program quarterly Reports are compiled annually within the stipulated timelines.
- Heifer International Annual Board Ends report compiled and submitted within the stipulated timelines.
- At least two successful cases per year per ongoing project are documented from projects and disseminated through different platforms.
- Lessons learned from projects documented.
- Contribute to the business development research necessary to support positioning of Zambia for Signature Programming work.
- Support and provide leadership in any key research necessary to review key sectors, value chains and partnerships to understand the potential for Heifer Signature Programming in Zambia.
- Key business development research for sectors, value chains and partnerships undertaken for signature programming review.
- Provide support in exploring business opportunities along the value chain of the selected commodity(ies) and in preparing business plans for cooperatives and farm families.
- Assist in designing/developing/updating training packages/modules, business plan models and training materials for cooperatives and Producer groups
- Build innovation in business development for smallholder farmers, cooperatives to increase successful business orientation of key project interventions and farmer business organisations.
- Viable business entities developed around aggregation, processing and chilling in the right value chains.
- Successful business models documented before end of projects for replication or scaling up.
- Bachelor’s degree in the fields of Agriculture, Natural Resources, Resource Development, Rural
- Development Administration or related field plus two (2) years job related experience.
- Master’s Degree in the fields of Agriculture, Natural Resources, Resource Development, Rural Development Administration or other related field and a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in rural development in Zambia or a Minimum of three (3) years management level work experience.
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Knowledge of income and expense budget preparation and monitoring.
- Proven team leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff, including field staff in several locations.
- Experience with the NGO/ Private Voluntary Organization approach, and knowledge of global sustainable development
- Skilled with computers as a tool for word processing, database, e-mail, spreadsheets, and organizing.
- Demonstrated written and oral fluency in English.
Essential Job Functions And Physical Demands
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with persons in farm, church, and administrative settings.
- Demonstrated ability to use participatory management skills with junior and senior country office and field staff.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate to individuals and groups diplomatically and tactfully.
- Demonstrated ability to work with advisory and governing boards.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
Deadline for Application: 28th October 2022
Company: Heifer International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Provinz Lusaka, Sambia
Application Deadline: N/A