Chefs – Novotel Christchurch Airport in HIND Management Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Website HIND Management
This job listing is about HIND Management in Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
All of our chef roles are eligible for our 2022 Sign-on & Retention Bonus $1,500 ($500 upon 3 months and $1,000 on your 12 month anniversary, Ts&Cs apply).
The Role | Te mahi
We are seeking various Chefs to work at the Food Exchange Restaurant on the top floor of Novotel Christchurch Airport Hotel. This stunning location overlooks the airport runway and the alps and has a fantastic open kitchen with all the latest cooking equipment and technology. We have opportunities for Chefs with demonstrated experienced in modern restaurant food preparation and great cooking techniques to deliver breakfast, lunch, and dinner service to exceptional standards.
Who We Are | Ko Wai Matou
Novotel Christchurch Airport is part of the Hind Management Group (NZ Employer of Choice 2022). Novotel and Hind Management believe in empathy, understanding and accommodating differences. We believe that ‘we are all valued’ and our success is a direct reflection of our people, teamwork, passion and professionalism.
As part of the global Accor Hotels brand, you can be sure your career pathways and opportunities are endless!
Responsibilities | Ngā haepapa
- Planning and organising the preparation and cooking of food.
- Planning menus, estimating food and labour costs, and ordering food supplies.
- Monitoring quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation.
- Discussing food preparation issues with Managers, Dieticians and kitchen and waiting staff.
- Preparing and cooking food.
- Explaining and enforcing hygiene regulations
About you | Ko koe tenei
- Previous proven experience as a Chef in a medium to large kitchen
- Knowledge of best cooking practices
- An understanding of culinary trends and a passion to gain new knowledge
- Planning and organization skills and an ability to work individually and in a team
- Ability to multi-task, show flexibility and meet deadlines, work under pressure
- Flexible to work rostered shifts, including weekends, late nights and public holidays
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients and equipment
- Sign on and retention bonus
- Join a growing, family focused owned and operated NZ award winning hotel business
- Staff meals on duty and free parking near the airport
- A competitive salary as well as best in the industry long service perks and anniversary vouchers
- Development and training on the job, online and through regular workshops/group events
- Discounts in our hotels, restaurants, and spas across the country.
Our values are based on caring, working together, and doing the right thing. We are passionate about our people. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. We are proud to promote diversity and inclusion within our workplace and ensure an equitable selection process for all.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Hind Management is committed to accessibility. Should you require assistance or support and are unable to apply online due to an access need, contact our Support Office (09) 304 0745 pressing the option of the hotel where this vacancy is listed. A Talent and Culture representative will be able to assist Monday to Friday 9 am – 5 pm.
E MANAWANUI ANA MĀTOU – WE CARE
KA WHAI MĀTOU I TE TIKA – WE DO THE RIGHT THING
KA MAHI TAHI MĀTOU – WE WORK TOGETHER
Company: HIND Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Application Deadline: N/A