This listing is about HKA in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
The Site Support & Service Manager position is a dynamic role leading the internal team of desktop support specialists with key interaction with the outsourced Service Desk to ensure that HKA’s staff receive the highest quality of support experience.
There is also an opportunity to learn and thrive as part of the Global IT department, serving a fast-growing International Professional Services company, having 42 offices in 17 countries.
As Part Of The HKA Team You Can Expect
- A strong collaborative culture focused on growing the practice and our team together.
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team and be part of driving the future success and development of our global business.
- The ability to work with a diverse team and workload to accelerate career development and connections.
The position provides an opportunity to learn and thrive within both site support and technical services as part of the Global IT department, serving a fast-growing International Professional Services company.
The primary function of this role is to manage and lead the internal team of desktop support technicians whilst liaising with an outsourced service desk provider to ensure that HKA’s staff receive the highest level and quality of SLA driven support.
Role And Responsibilities
- Manage and support the global site support team.
- Support system hardware including phone systems and network equipment.
- Provide IT support assistance both remotely and hands-on where necessary to users.
- Monitor assigned Helpdesk tickets to ensure that service is provided within the support specifications and within SLA.
- Maintains intermediate knowledge of current and new developments in technology for future possible inclusion into the organisation’s enterprise.
- Assist with the compiling, publishing and adherence of IT policies, procedures and standards to ensure conformity with company and IT objectives.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades as required as well as Asset Tracking maintenance.
- Perform administrative duties on local servers including supporting the LAN and WAN hardware.
- Maintain & Update IT Knowledgebase of current and new developments in technology for hardware and software.
- Maintain tracking of communication as well as IT hardware and software.
- Assist and advise Management with respect to software compliance and control activities.
- Provide basic quality checks on new IT equipment including verification or requisitions.
- Coordinate IT equipment moves with Management and the user community.
- Travel to offices and field sites when necessary for meetings and office.
- Provide a weekly Site Support status report to the Head of Information Technology Page.
- Ensure Software licensing compliance by ensuring only properly licensed software is installed on all company systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Management and mutually agreed to.
- Assisting the Head of IT with annual budgets and strategy planning.
Qualifications And Experience
- We are looking for a dependable, self-motivated, and detail-oriented individual with strong managerial skills.
- The ability to build team and stakeholder relations with strong communication skills.
- Qualified in a relevant IT sector subject or equivalent vocational work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrable experience in a Site Support Managerial role.
- Qualified in or already working towards an Industry Certification, such as Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Knowledge and ability to support computer, server, network, and phone equipment requirements associated with an international business.
- Flexible where necessary with working hours and the ability to travel to meet and where possible exceed the demands of corporate staff and end-users.
- The ideal candidate must possess an intellectual curiosity about their work.
What We Offer
At HKA we recognise our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chose career path.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those that take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants, but responses will be received by the closing date.
CLOSING DATE: 3 March 2022.
ED&I At HKA
HKA has a thriving ED&I committee working hard to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment for a truly diverse set of employees. We are committed as a business on the continued improvement of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy, please visit our careers page for further information or feel free to ask our recruitment team for further information.
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender or gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010, or in compliance with local legislation.
HKA is one of the world’s leading consultancy of choice for multi-disciplinary expert and specialist services in risk mitigation and dispute resolution within the capital projects and infrastructure sector.
We also have experience advising clients on the economic impact of commercial and investment treaty disputes and in forensic accounting matters.
As trusted independent consultants, experts and advisors, we deliver solutions amid uncertainty, dispute and overrun, and provide the insights that make the best possible outcomes a reality for public and private sector clients worldwide.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A