Website HomeServe UK
This listing is about HomeServe UK in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
About The Role
We are recruiting for Plumbing Engineers to join our team of directly employed engineers!
- Location – Warrington or within a 20 minutes drive of a WA Postcode
- Full Time – 40 hours a week – this includes a variety of working patterns including weekends and Public holidays (Rotas are published in advance enabling you to balance your work and home life)
- Salary – Between £29,168 – £32,974 (Salary depends upon experience) + £3,000 signing on bonus!
A Little More About The Role
You will be undertaking Plumbing jobs whilst ensuring, where possible, that work is completed on the first visit. You will be able to confidently explain to customers what work you need to carry out ensuring you leave them with peace of mind and confidence. You will be responsible for carrying out the following:
- Plumbing & general repairs
- Replacements & refurbishment work
We offer an industry leading reward package to attract the best in our field:
- £3,000 signing on bonus (This is split into two payment, £1,500 in your first payroll and £1,500 upon 12 months service)
- Fully equipped and stocked, fit for purpose vehicle + Fuel card
- Full uniform and essential tool kit
- Company Share Scheme
- All work within a short radius of home address
- Leading edge technology through hand held device
- Overtime/Pension Scheme
- 240 hours annual leave each year, inc public holidays, increases by 8 hours per year up to 264 max
- Holiday Buy and Sell Scheme
- Paid Training
- Online benefits portal – online shopping, restaurants, cinema discounts etc
- Employee assistance programme/Access to our bespoke e-learning system
About The Candidate
Essential – As a Plumbing Engineer we need you to have the following qualifications:
- Level 2 NVQ in Plumbing or similar qualification
- Full UK Driving Licence with less than 6 penalty points
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong customer focus with the ability to deal with complaints
- Can demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm for the task in hand
Desirable – It would also be great if you had experience with:
- Manual Handling
- Asbestos awareness
- Working at heights
- Previous experience working as a plumber in private domestic housing
- Experience of working in an FCA Regulated environment
- Experience of working on a variety of different manufacturer’s appliances
You’ll work in a fun, friendly inclusive environment where People understand the value of their contribution to our goals and are encouraged to recognise a job well done. You’ll be part of an open, engaged culture where everyone has an equal voice and the opportunity to get involved, as well as make a real difference in our Customers’ lives.
Training & Support
In order to use the relevant systems and work as a Plumbing Engineer for HomeServe, you’ll need to undertake our extensive training programme. The initial training will consist of 4 weeks of support prior to being signed-off to work on your own. During week 1 the training will be Monday – Thursday, 9am – 5pm and based in Nottingham. This will be classroom based training where you have a corporate induction to HomeServe and cover off Health & Safety, tools and equipment. There will then be 3 weeks where you ‘buddy’ up with an experienced Gas engineer in your area.
Could you be who we are looking for?
It’s our People that truly make what we do so special. As part of the HomeServe family your job will be to put our Customers first and we will give you everything you need to make this happen.
About The Company
Here at HomeServe, we work hard to build an inclusive, supportive, fun and collaborative culture that empowers all our People to do the right thing.
Whether you work on the frontline, talking to Customers on the phone or in their homes or you work in our Support Functions, we focus on putting Customers needs at the heart of everything we do.
Company: HomeServe UK
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org