This listing is about Huxley in Royal Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
About the job
- Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer / CAD Engineer / Design Engineer / Development Engineer?
- Do you have experience in the Mechanical Design of Pumps, Machinery, Motors etc (including Machined Components, Jigs, Tooling, Fixture etc
- Do you have experience working to BS 8888 standards / Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) Design Experience?
- Do you want to work for an Engineering Innovator in Complex Next Generation Power Generation Systems?
If so, then please see below…
Mechanical Design Engineer Leamington Spa Up to £50k
Huxley Engineering and an Engineering Technology Innovator in the Power Generation Industry are looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer on a staff basis, to support the support multiple work packages across the Engineering team, supporting in delivering of new product & systems development.
Based in Leamington Spa and reporting into the Engineering Manager, this Mechanical Design Engineer role is a Staff Position, and the Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for
- Develop concept and production design of components and assemblies from system level requirement through to final definition.
- Create CAD models, assemblies, drawings and specifications according to best practice and corporate standards.
- Perform tolerance studies as required on bespoke designs.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering and Supply Chain personnel to optimise design for production.
- Check engineering drawings for compliance to BS 8888, GD&T and best practices
- Actively improve the Mechanical Engineering best-practices, processes and standards.
- Support DFMEA
- Support the components and sub-system verification activities. For example, the design of rig hardware, instrumentation designs, process test data etc.
Qualifications & Experience Required for Mechanical Design Engineer Role;
- Relevant Engineering Degree and/or Qualification (MEng, BEng, HND or HNC in Mechanical Engineering, CAE Engineering etc or similar)
- Strong knowledge of fundamental mechanical engineering principles
- Experience of designing mechanical parts for high-volume manufacture
- Broad Mechanical Engineering Design knowledge, e.g. Sheet metal work, tooling & jigs, machined parts, piping & pipe fittings, electrical harnesses.
- Thorough understanding of BS 8888 and GD&T
- Excellent 3D CAD Skills (ideally Solidworks)
- Excellent IT skills, including Excel, PDM/PLM systems
- Previous Mechanical Design experience in product development including verification activities, test, instrumentation etc
- Conducting hand-calcs to support their designs; bolted joints, pressure vessels etc
- Knowledge of materials selection and metallurgy.
- FEA and CFD experience
Experience the following would be beneficial for the Mechanical Design Engineer Role:
- Machinery design experience including discs, shafts, bearings, casings etc for Gas Turbines, rotating pumps, motors etc
- Hot Pressure equipment including hand calcs. Piping designs, exhausts, bolted joints.
- Experience in designing heat exchangers.
- Fuel system design; pipe routing, manifolds, valves, filters, fuel tanks etc
This Mechanical Design Engineer Role is commutable from Coventry, Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Nuneaton, Rugby, Hinckley, Solihull and Tamworth and for the successful Mechanical Design Engineer, a salary up to £50,000 is on offer.
To be considered for this Mechanical Design Engineer role, please apply via the link below
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales
Job Location: Royal Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org