Website Ian Williams Ltd
This listing is about Ian Williams Ltd in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Ian Williams has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join its expanding Capital works division (planned and refurbishment-based contracts) in the Northwest. Following successful growth, we are excited to be recruiting for new commercial and operational roles.
We are open to location therefore we can consider this person being based in commutable distance of any, but not limited to, the following office locations, Leeds, Liverpool, Wrexham, or Bolton. We also offer a flexible hybrid working environment; therefore, you have the autonomy and responsibility to manage your time effectively, between working at home, on site and from our offices.
We can also accommodate a variety of working patterns outside of 8.30-5pm Monday to Friday, for example we can consider part time (4 days a week) or compressed hours (37.5 hours across 4 days) and encourage anyone seeking any flexibility around working hours to apply.
- Be part of our annual company profit share scheme
- Company car and outstanding private mileage scheme
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an enhanced employer pension contribution of up to 7%
- 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less, so buy up to 5 days or sell up to 3 days per year
- Access to an employee assistance program to support employee’s health and wellbeing
The Quantity Surveyor role:
As a Quantity Surveyor you will actively tender, estimate and measure onsite, therefore you are fully involved from tendering and estimating through to final accounts, with the ability to have real impact on our profitability and our commercial success.
The Quantity Surveyor role will include:
- Being responsible for the financial and technical aspects of the contract across all work streams including procurement, invoicing, payments, cash flow and cost control
- Minimising costs where possible, maximising value to make profit
- Working with direct labour and subcontractors, ensuring all work issued has labour targets to return agreed profit performance
- Developing and maintaining relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors, suppliers, and our client
- Producing monthly contract valuations of the unit’s actual deliverables against the projected budget (CVRs)
What will you bring as a Quantity Surveyor?
You will be analytical, organised, and honest as well as being a genuine ‘people person’ who relishes communicating effectively with their clients, trade teams and immediate colleagues fostering a real ‘working together’ environment. As well as:
- Proven experience in a similar commercial or quantity surveying role; we are open to considering various job titles that incorporate transferable commercial and financial responsibilities and welcome anyone with proven experience in planned refurbishment environments
- Proven ability to minimise cost and maximise value, profit, and cash flow
- Strong IT and Microsoft excel skills
- Experience of working with direct labour and subcontract procurement
- Experience of working on Schedule of Rates contracts is preferred with the ability to price minor works from first principles
Additional Benefits include:
- Annual pay reviews
- Medical and life insurance
- Enhanced maternity/ paternity pay
- Training and development opportunities
- Trade discounts from our preferred suppliers for you and your friends and family
- Specsavers vouchers
- For information on all other additional benefits we do, to enhance your work/life balance please visit our website
If you think you have what it takes to become our Quantity Surveyor, then click “Apply” now!
About Ian Williams Ltd:
Discover more, not just from our website but through our Facebook, LinkedIn, Indeed and Glassdoor pages.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is more than a commitment at Ian Williams—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, and all other characteristics that make us different.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information, please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at our website.
Company: Ian Williams Ltd
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com