This listing is about IBM in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, discovering how blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much more. Join a team that is dedicated to applying science to some of today’s most complex challenges, whether it’s discovering a new way for doctors to help patients, teaming with environmentalists to clean up our waterways or enabling retailers to personalize customer service.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Research UK is seeking high caliber candidates with a proven track record in applied research and development, research that makes a difference.
Our team is inventing, developing, and evaluating numerous first of a kind research technologies in collaboration with our UK and global partners.
We offer a stimulating research environment comprising multi-disciplinary teams with diverse expertise working on challenging projects in a world-class research organization. We have access to cutting-edge experimental environments and strong ties with industrial, national, and academic research labs around the globe.
You will want to be part of a team that is making a difference on how we can accelerate discovery using advanced technology.
The Foundational Technology – Simulation Team Have Three Specific Focus Areas
Modelling and Simulation remains a key technology for scientific discovery. In addition to embracing new paradigms for calculation, for example cloud and quantum, IBM are actively pursuing the use of AI to accelerate modelling and simulation workflows.
- Simulation tech for science; Using the latest technology and methodologies to develop and enable cutting edge scientific simulations
- AI enriched simulation; Driving differentiation through the use of AI to accelerate time to insight by both accelerating individual simulations through the use of data-driven surrogate modelling, and the intelligent orchestration of simulation campaigns through Bayesian optimization
- Simulation workflow technology – developing differentiated workflow technology to integrate the latest simulations with the latest AI enrichment in a hybrid cloud infrastructure.
Role And Responsibilities
Your role as a member of our global Research Labs will be to:
- Develop and maintain a deep technical understanding within your core area of expertise of state of the art, research offerings and IBM Research’s scientific and technology strategy.
- Develop research plans as part of a team, aligned with our strategy, that have the potential for significant impact, advance new technologies or lead to the creation of innovative approaches that can disrupt and create markets.
- Collaborate effectively with our industrial, academic, and internal partners advancing our research and receiving feedback on initial prototypes.
- Create innovative solutions and evaluate them through the design and creation of initial prototypes.
- Communicate the outcome and impact of your research, both internally, and externally, through publications in top-tier scientific journals and conferences, and presentations in relevant forums.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
We are looking for research scientists with a post-graduate qualification in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Material Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related topics.
Our requirements for you to demonstrate are;
- Your ability to evaluate and showcase research outcomes through your advanced work, particularly through development of protypes.
- Your ability to listen to others, establishing requirements and formulate problems derived from real-world use cases. Then to be able to carry out the necessary research, design, build and validation of successful solutions.
- Your strong academic record, ideally with publications in top peer reviewed scientific journals and/or conferences.
- Your strong communication, listening and collaboration skills
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbally and in writing
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
As a preference you will also be able to show;
- A Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Material Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related topics.
- A track record in forming and leading collaborative teams to tackle important problems which produce high impact solutions.
- Some experience working in multi-disciplinary collaborations involving a mixture of academic and industrial partners
- Ability to apply research and development skills across a hybrid computing infrastructure
- Track record of cross-disciplinary expertise and execution; for example using AI techniques in a simulation environment
- Strong programming skills ideally including at least one common AI framework
About Business Unit
With more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents, IBM Research brings together hundreds of researchers who possess unparalleled industry expertise to address some of the world’s most challenging problems. Join us as we do pioneering work in areas such as cognitive computing, augmented intelligence, quantum computing, and blockchain, to name a few.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org