Administrative Assistant/Facilities in IFC International Finance Corporation Dakar, Dakar Region, Senegal
Website IFC International Finance Corporation
This job listing is about IFC International Finance Corporation in Dakar, Dakar Region, Senegal 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Job #: req20189 Organization: World Bank Sector: Administration/Office Support Grade: GB Term Duration: 2 years 0 months Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment Location: Dakar,Senegal Required Language(s): English, French Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 12/23/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
Country Management Unit Context
The AWCF1 country management unit (CMU) covers 5 countries (Senegal, Capo Verde, The Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, and Mauritania. More information on Senegal: https://www.worldbank.org/en/country/senegal
The World Bank Group (WBG) Office in Dakar, Senegal, is responsible for overseeing the World Bank’s programs for both International Bank for Reconstruction and Development and International Finance Corporation in the Country. The World Bank Group Office houses about 130 World Bank staff who are responsible for maintaining a successful Bank relationship with our clients. The team works with integrity, dedication, and strong team spirit to improve the wellbeing of the most disadvantaged and promote shared prosperity. To meet the needs of diverse program, the World Bank Office in Dakar needs a strong team that provides facility support to the Dakar Country Office.
The successful applicant for the Administrative Assistant/Facilities position will have a two-year contract in the Senegal Country Office, subject to local recruitment and the local salary scale. The Administrative Assistant/Facilities will receive day-to-day guidance on priorities and fulfillment of responsibilities from the Facilities Manager in the Senegal Country Office.
The Administrative Assistant/Facilities reports to the Facilities Manager and the Operations Manager and works closely with administrative, and IT teams. The Facilities Assistant supports the maintenance of the Dakar office buildings, main building and annex and latterly the IFC/IBDR new headquarter. He/she conducts daily rounds of the building throughout the day to report and identify facility issues and propose solutions to solve them. The Administrative Assistant/Facilities is assigned responsibility for some administrative and security functions.
Roles And Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities for this position are but not limited to the following:
Facilities Focal Points:
- Daily facilities operations and maintenance.
- Day to day operations support.
- Coordinate internal and external service providers
- Coordinate all day-to-day maintenance work for the office and residential property.
- Supervise external contactors (security, cleaning, maintenance etc.).
- Identifies, documents, and reports any maintenance problem for corrective action.
- Facilitate office moveselocation activities
- Assist Country Management in security matters, and Fire, Life & Safety
- Participate in meetings at a frequency to be determined with the Resource Management Officer and service providers’ representatives.
- Handle requests for moving furniture between offices.
- Report daily to the Facilities Manager on the situation with the facilities, the different services provided and seek his guidance and prior approval as required.
- Minimum Education/Experience: Facilities / Maintenance related diploma or degree and at least five (5) years of progressive experience in the related field of work, preferably with International Development Organization.
- Must possess analytical skills, Real Estate Asset management knowledge, ability to reconcile accounts and excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, establish priorities and organize efficiently.
- Knowledge of computer
- Exhibits positive and professional client service attitude; can understand clients’ needs and complete them professionally.
- Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Knowledge of the English and French is essential
- Local recruitment only, refers to someone who lives in Senegal currently
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Company: IFC International Finance Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dakar, Dakar Region, Senegal
Application Deadline: N/A