This job listing is about FLOCERT in Nairobi, Kenya 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Independent Representative (f/m/div) from the Civil Society for Impartiality Committee
Location: remote work from anywhere worldwide
Start date: January 2023 as soon as possible
Fairtrade International e.V. and its assurance body FLOCERT GmbH (Ltd.) will establish a new independent Impartiality Committee as part of FLOCERT´s governance structure.
After more than a decade of growth and expansion, FLOCERT has decided that “impartiality” needs more dedicated focus, which will further strengthen public confidence and trust in its performance of impartial and competent assurance. Therefore, this Impartiality Committee shall be newly established.
This is therefore an excellent opportunity for seasoned experts to contribute to the success and credibility of the Fairtrade movement, while at the same time, enrich their professional and personal profile with experience and exposure from the global leader in social sustainability certification. Being a newly constituted committee, it is also an opportunity for members to demonstrate and practice their skills to shape its orientation and implement it in a dynamic organization.
Responsibility and Composition
The Impartiality Committee`s main responsibility is to counteract any potential tendency by FLOCERT against impartiality and the prevention of discrimination in the context of the accredited Fairtrade Assurance system. It shall provide suggestions to improve confidence in assurance, including transparency and public perception. Furthermore, it will conduct reviews including case reviews, risk analysis and risk mitigation measures. It may form working groups for specific topics on a needs-basis. The Committee has the right to instruct the FLOCERT Management to take action in case of any violation of impartiality.
Qualification and Requirements
Impartiality Committee Members shall bring additional legitimacy to the FLOCERT organization by the virtue of their previous professional stature, history and accomplishments. They shall bring specific work and functional expertise to ensure impartiality of FLOCERT.
- Extensive senior leadership level and functional expertise from the Civil Society. Ideally, previous experience having served in an Impartiality Committee or similar relevant Committee/advising function / board
- Highly qualified subject matter expert from the Civil Society, ideally in the field of sustainability and /or sustainable development
- Ideal background from Non-Governmental Organization or non-profit social movement of collective action
- Experts on multi stakeholder engagements
- Good understanding of structure and requirements in impartial assurance, e. g. ability and commitment to take evidence-based decisions, to objectively evaluate cases in the interest of impartial assurance and not as an agent of the body, the member represents
- Good understanding of the Fairtrade system and/or other voluntary sustainability and verification standards, and their mode of operations
- A collaborative working style with the willingness to engage in open debate while working to build consensus, and the ability to achieve high-quality work product in a mostly remote environment, with a high degree of self-organization
- Understanding of data protection and confidentiality issues. Respect for the confidentiality of sensitive commercial and personal information
- Fluency in English spoken and written
- Availability for meetings and interviews (mostly virtual, mostly in European time zones)
How to apply
Please apply via our company website following the below link.
Deadline for applications is 31 October 2022. Your application documents should comprise your motivation letter and your Curriculum Vitae as well as contact details of two people who can provide a professional reference.
Please address your application to the Ms. Jutta Goss, Credibility Assurance Manager at FLOCERT.
For further information on the FLOCERT GmbH and the Fairtrade Movement, please consult http://www.flocert.net and http://www.fairtrade.net
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: N/A