Human Resources Assistant in International Fertilizer Development Center IFDC Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
Website International Fertilizer Development Center IFDC
This job listing is about International Fertilizer Development Center IFDC in Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
POSITION: Human Resources Assistant
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing front line support to the Regional Human Resources Officers. Providing IFDC Consultants with quality information regarding organizational policies and referring matters to the Regional HR Officers and/or Recruiters as and when required.
Under the supervision of the Regional Human Resources Officers, the Human Resources Assistant will:
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Providing clerical and administrative support to the Regional Human Resources Officers.
- Assist with the compile and update employee/consultant records (hard and soft copies)
- Liaise with the Human Resource Recruiters on the recruitment of national Staff and/or Consultants;
- Load and maintain soft copies of Staff and Consultancy files in compliance with applicable legal requirements and the HR filing system.
- Research and inform on labor laws and work conditions in field countries of IFDC Operations and ensure compliance on such matters as withholdings, benefits and allowances.
- Help the National Administration and Finance Officers in providing documentation for National and Regional Consultants;
- Assist with the harmonization and implementation of the insurance plans in the division (pension, health and life).
- Administration of HR policies and procedures to effect efficiency of services
- Participate in the recruitments of the national and regional Consultants.
- Assist with the management of contracts, evaluations, and the data base
- Assist with keeping contracts/salary and benefits table up-to-date by processing contract and salary changes in a timely manner
- Assist with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR Unit.
- Prepare periodic reports
- Act as a back-up to the Regional HR Officers
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Regional HR Officers.
The Human Resources Assistant who will hold national position will be based in any of the field offices, in preference, but should be willing to travel frequently
- A Bachelor Degree in Human Resources / Administration Management or its equivalent.
- At least three years of professional experience in Human Resources management and or Administration.
- Effective oral and written communication and facilitation skills in English and French.
- Ability to interact effectively with a geographically dispersed multicultural team composed of international and national staff.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices in Africa.
- Good knowledge of international donors’ regulations.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Knowledge of payroll or accounting helpful.
- Excellent computer skills.
Company: International Fertilizer Development Center IFDC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
Application Deadline: N/A