Website International Rescue Committee
This listing is about International Rescue Committee in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Requisition ID: req23743
Job Title: Digital Designer
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: London, UK
More than 80 years after Albert Einstein helped create the International Rescue Committee, the number and intensity of humanitarian crises across the globe warrant a dose of Einstein-inspired vision. Every month, nearly one million people flee their homes because of conflicts or natural disasters.
The Content & Creative team, a core part of Marketing & Mobilization, consists of award-winning creative specialists and idea partners, developing powerful communications and experiences to engage audiences and ultimately to deliver on External Relations ambitions and objectives. Using creative mediums such as visual design, video, stunts, and storytelling, we tap into the expertise and talents of colleagues throughout the organization.
The Digital & Graphic Designer is a key contributor to the Content and Creative Studio team in creating compelling creative assets for digital and print . This person possesses a bold and modern design aesthetic with the ability to think and solve creative challenges. They’re also capable of collaborating and coordinating with other creative members of the team, as well as external partners, to ensure that creative is on-brand and consistent with the organization’s design and imagery guidelines.
This design position builds compelling online digital assets, off-line collateral, engaging motion graphics and video content. The job is fast paced – global emergencies happen without warning and we need to respond quickly, thoughtfully, and in a voice that is uniquely IRC. The person best suited for this role will have a passionate interest for humanitarian causes, informed of world events as well as awareness for current design and marketing trends.
- Partner with all clients, both domestically and internationally, to conceptualize and implement compelling best-in-class products, adjusting for local markets and languages.
- Be responsible for the design of digital and print projects, from conception to completion, including reports, marketing brochures, toolkits, social media assets, campaign collateral and special projects.
- Conceptualize and create engaging social media content including videos, motion graphics and animations from the storyboard stage to completed animation.
- Craft creative solutions to address our marketing, brand awareness and fundraising needs. Create materials that are visually engaging for donors, prospects and advocates.
- Provide visual brand oversight to global markets ensuring the use of our brand identity meets or exceeds guidelines. Maintain brand consistency throughout all projects.
- Develop and articulate compelling creative ideas/treatments with teams and for clients via mood-boards, storyboards and visual guidelines.
- Collaborate with the team’s designers and Global Associate Director on visual content and provide support on digital design projects as needed.
- Act as liaison with outside vendors as needed
- Stay on track with emerging design trends and culture, attending events and engaging with the wider design community and report back to the team.
- Plus other assignments as needed by the Content & Creative Studio team.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Assoc. Director, Visual Design & UX
Other Internal and/or external contacts: The Digital & Graphic Designer is part of the Design function of the Content & Creative Studio in New York. They will work directly with IRC collaborators (internal) and, where indicated, with IRC Partners (external).
- B.F.A. in design with approximately 4-6 years of professional design experience; or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong typographic ability
- An expert across various channels — both digital / motion / print
- Attention to details but the ability to think big picture
- The ability to challenge and push the design aesthetic, known for bringing new ideas
- A hands-on self-starter
- Demonstrate IRC values
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, Egalite, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
Company: International Rescue Committee
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A