Temporary Emergency Cash Assistant in International Rescue Committee Baidoa, Bay, Somalia
Website International Rescue Committee
This job listing is about International Rescue Committee in Baidoa, Bay, Somalia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Requisition ID: req35187
Job Title: Temporary Emergency Cash Assistant
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Baidoa, Somalia
The temporary emergency cash assistant will work under the direct supervision of the ERD officer. The temporary emergency cash assistant is the field-level position for ERD emergency programming. The assistant position will spend most of his/her time in the field, identifying target communities, establishing relationships with community leaders, overseeing field-level operations, such as the delivery of materials, registration of complaints, payment to beneficiaries and generally over planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of ERD programs.
- Understand and adhere to IRC’s established policies and procedures for administration, finance, procurement, safety and security management, and project management.
- Adopt personal and professional conduct, which conveys IRC’s mission & mandate.
- Under the supervision of the ERD officer, undertake the timely implementation of all livelihoods related activities of IRC ‘s livelihoods programs.
- Assist the ERD officer in conducting field-based needs assessments and in the implementation, monitoring and reporting of the cash programs in Bay region.
- To assist in selecting communities/villages that IRC intends to work with the help of community elders and local authorities to ensure smooth running of IRCactivities in terms of security, accessibility, collaboration and etc.
- Provide timely reports of activity progress, monitoring visits and assessments as may be required from time to time.
- Actively participate in community mobilization including organizing community meetings; beneficiary selection, nutrition promotion etc liaise directly with communities, elders, and local authorities, as well as other agencies operational in SWS, regularly to ensure coordination and effective implementation of activities.
- Draft Monthly, Quarterly and Annual project progress reports and submit to the ERD officerhighlighting progress of activities, challenges and recommendations on way forward
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- At least a Diploma in Community development, business administration, economy or any other closely related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in community mobilization and training
- At least 1-2 years’ experience working with INGO or local partner in cash programming.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively handle stressful situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluency in both English and Somali required).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a team.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, EXCEL spreadsheets, e-mail, etc.
- Ability and willingness to work and travel throughout Somalia, particularly in SWS depending on access.
- Computer skills data base knowledge essential
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with communities and stakeholders
- Proficient command of spoken and written English
Standard of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality & Equal Opportunity
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce
including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Diversity and Inclusion
at IRC, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Organizations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, physical or mental ability, nationality, and perspective are validated to be better organizations. More importantly, creating a safe workspace environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best is the right thing to do. So, bring your whole self to work.
IRC is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, respectful, and safe work environment where all persons are treated fairly, with dignity and respect. In keeping with our core values of Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality, IRC strives to maintain a work environment built on mutual respect in which all individuals treat each other professionally, and free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. IRC expressly prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or bullying of IRC Persons in any work setting. All IRC staff, wherever they are located, are accountable for creating an environment free of discrimination, harassment, bullying, and retaliation.
Company: International Rescue Committee
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baidoa, Bay, Somalia
Application Deadline: N/A