Investment Officer in IFC International Finance Corporation Ulaanbaatar, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Website IFC International Finance Corporation
This job listing is about IFC International Finance Corporation in Ulaanbaatar, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Job #: req20266 Organization: IFC Sector: Investment Grade: GF Term Duration: 3 years 0 months Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment Location: Ulaanbaatar,Mongolia Required Language(s): English Preferred Language(s): Mongolia Closing Date: 12/16/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services (MAS) is one of IFC’s key strategic priorities and the department engages in a wide range of sectors including agribusiness & forestry, chemicals & fertilizers, construction materials, health & education, machinery, manufacturing, tourism, retail, and property. The Department also seeks to maintain IFC, as part of the World Bank Group, at the cutting edge of helping clients find solutions to new and emerging MAS issues.
IFC’s Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services Department (MAS) is seeking an Investment Officer for the Ulan Bator office. The person will start her/his assignment in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam for on-boarding purposes, with an understanding to move to Ulan Bator at the end of the first year of assignment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Analyze operational and financial performance as well as credit and integrity risks of potential clients and projects. Present recommendations to the business development team on whether to pursue a straightforward deal and alternatives for structuring it.
- Collaborate in developing client strategies and engagement plans and pitchbooks for various sectors and countries, including IDA and FCS countries, and conduct sector analysis to be used as input to sector strategies.
- Collect financial and operational information from clients, research pricing information, and research policies, and procedures.
- Build complex financial models, perform due diligence and financial analysis, and/or provide quality control over financial analysis and projections developed by an analyst to evaluate the benefits and risks of straightforward transactions.
- Ensure adequate and systematic capture of project, sector, and country benchmarking information to capture lessons learned and support decision-making in future transactions.
- Assess and articulate development impact and IFC’s role and additionality in straightforward transactions. Engage with the IFC economics team to begin developing the AIMM story, including any market creation impact.
- Prepare content to convey persuasive and convincing ideas following investment banking quality standards, financial models reflecting different transaction structures, and valuation of companies.
- Draft memos and concept notes for repeat business. Independently handle waivers, amendments, and ESAM for straightforward portfolio projects (in coordination with relevant departments) under the general supervision of a senior investment officer.
- Follow up with mid- and senior-level clients to resolve problems on straightforward projects.
- Engage with mid-level clients on straightforward projects to understand their business directions and challenges that may lead to new opportunities, and support the design of client engagement plans, as applicable.
- Establish and maintain relationships with mid-level clients and other stakeholders (government, development partners, WBG) to explore straightforward business opportunities.
- Monitor macroeconomic indicators of sector and country market conditions as well as social and political information that are relevant to the assigned portfolio.
- Perform credit and risk assessments, financial projections, covenant compliance reviews (debt), and monitor changes to risk flags for determining performance assigned to a portfolio, with limited supervision.
- Perform assessment of project development impact and articulate realization of AIMM story and market creation impact, if any.
- Prepare investment committee or advisory committee materials for straightforward transactions, ensuring adequate applicability of IFC’s policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders (legal, ES&G, economists, and sector specialists) to identify ways to strengthen the development impact and financial sustainability of projects.
- Hold accountability for the preparation and quality of investment or PPP advisory committee materials focusing on financial and nonfinancial risk assessments and deal structuring for straightforward transactions.
- Prepare quarterly portfolio reports that include analysis of trends over time, key issues, and areas of potential concern.
- Prepare brief documents summarizing post-mortem insights from portfolio reviews and reporting to identify improvement opportunities and best practices.
- Supervise and ensure the quality of portfolio reporting information prepared by junior staff, providing broader industry, subsector, and country perspectives on project risks and issues.
- Lead efforts to synthesize information from past transactions and extract lessons learned within a targeted area. Identify topics warranting broader and more in-depth analysis.
- Research untapped markets to identify constraints to private sector investment as input to upstream market creation decisions or Country Private Sector Diagnostics.
- Responsible for doing rating reviews of loan loss reserve on a quarterly basis for the overall assigned portfolio. Run models for equity valuations to determine the need to modify exit strategy.
- Structure straightforward transactions to add value to clients and mitigate risks, taking into consideration lessons learned from earlier transactions and portfolio management.
- Lead straightforward investment or advisory transactions Incorporating lessons learned from IFC’s earlier investments and portfolio management or advisory mandates. Ensure timely processing, thorough due diligence, and client satisfaction.
- Master’s degree in a related field and at least 6–10 years of relevant experience. Related fields of education include business, finance, or economics or an area of expertise specific to a sector, subject matter, or industry speciality. Relevant experience could include a proven track record in business consulting or investment banking, or operational experience in the sector or technical or professional field.
- Capacity to identify barriers to market creation opportunities in a targeted country by tapping into relevant internal expertise and synthesizing information on local regulatory and economic contexts, industry and sector structure and landscape, and constraints clients are facing to grow their business.
- Demonstrates active listening skills by paying full attention and asking questions to clarify client and stakeholder needs and gather the required information.
- Ability to interact effectively with clients and stakeholders by acting professionally, responding to their requests and inquiries, delivering what is promised, and meeting deadlines.
- Capacity to build productive and mutually beneficial relationships and networks internally and externally to identify business opportunities, discuss structuring alternatives, and resolve issues.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills to effectively influence the perception and support of clients/stakeholders.
- Ability to draft documents and reports that are concise, well-organized, and appropriately focused on the most critical points that are relevant to the target audience.
- Utilize charts, graphs, and other presentation techniques to simply communicate complex data and concepts.
- Able to share valid opinions and new observations relevant to project outcomes with project leaders in a manner that is concise, cohesive, and focused.
- Ability to tailor explanations of IFC’s value proposition to specific clients and share relevant information on industry practices.
- Understanding of sector drivers, business and market development cycles, and how business performance and long-term competitiveness and viability are measured within a sector and how sector dynamics may evolve within a country or region.
- Proven analytical, financial analysis, equity valuation, and financial modeling skills to analyze and form conclusions on company financial information or projects and industry indicators. Able to oversee and provide quality control feedback on financial models prepared by analysts.
- Fully understands the financial aspects of investment or advisory transactions, including how to conduct market analysis and determine financial soundness of company or project opportunity.
- Begin to build transaction experience by working on straightforward investment or advisory transactions with a diverse range of clients and across multiple sectors and subsectors and in more than one industry and subsector.
- Speaking Mongolian and any other languages in East Asia and Pacific Region is a plus.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Company: IFC International Finance Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ulaanbaatar, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Application Deadline: N/A