Website World Food Programme Somalia
This job listing is about World Food Programme Somalia in Mogadishu, Banaadir, Somalia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Post Title: IT Operations Officer
Contract type/grade: NOB
Duty Station: Mogadishu, Somalia
Closing Date: 14th December 2022
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates. Female candidates, in particular, are encouraged to apply.
What will you do?
- Deliver the first level for day-to-day technical support and overall incident management process for WFP SOMALIA Staff and Partners.
- Promote positive end-user relationships and drive customer satisfaction.
- Promote continuous improvement of Tier 1 support, desktop administration, and telecom delivery for all stakeholders.
- Develop, mentor, coach and promote talent growth among staff to support business through excellent customer service.
- Ensure good working relation and coordination of service desk staff with other Sectional/Divisional staff.
- Monitoring ticket volume and performance metrics while supporting the team in exceeding expectations, including corrective action if necessary.
- Gather and report operational metrics, accomplishments, and priorities for weekly leadership meeting.
- Provide technology operational support to the digital services assistance teams across all area offices.
- Establish trends and identify patterns of recurring issues, SLA breaches or inefficiencies
- Escalation and resolution of software issues to the information systems/development team
- Escalation and resolution of third-party software/systems issues by the support team
- Define team goals and lead staff to achieving desired results, and while being accountable for team performance.
- Define and implement processes and procedures for supporting all Business units across the organization
- Develop a Helpdesk annual work plan with performance targets assigned weights.
- Collect feedback to determine patterns and issues such that they can be resolved, or FAQs can be provided to customers to ease in troubleshooting.
- Develop and maintain Technical Support/knowledge base.
Do you meet the minimum requirements?
Education: Advanced University degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics, or any science/logic-related discipline.
Experience: At least five years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in the planning, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of computer information systems or related areas.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills:
Advanced training and/or experience in standard Beneficiary and Transfers Management systems.
Terms and Conditions
Contract Duration: 1 year (Initial)
WFP does not charge any application fees to candidates.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.
Company: World Food Programme Somalia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mogadishu, Banaadir, Somalia
Application Deadline: N/A