Website J. Murphy & Sons Limited
This listing is about J Murphy Sons Limited in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Senior Quantity Surveyor – Manchester/Preston/Warrington
A great opportunity for a Senior QS to work at Murphy on a multi-million-pound water framework in the north west. Working on projects in and around the Manchester area worth c.£15m you will be part of a commercial team delivering waste and clean water projects across the north-west region.
What will you be doing?
- Efficiently manage all commercial aspects of the Project and maintain regular liaison with all stakeholders.
- Assist with the recruitment and staffing structure/ utilisation for direct reports.
- Assist in building a team, manage the development of personal plans, establishment of objectives/targets for all direct reports and monitor on an ongoing basis – maintain performance.
- Collate, analysis & challenge Cost/Value Reports and forecasts as required, implement required actions.
- Design and implement a commercial strategy for their portfolio and tenders with the assistance of their functional manager
- Identify, mitigate and manage risk & opportunities for the portfolio of work.
- Assist with the development and training of Commercial Practitioners including supervisor / mentor / counsellor role for staff undertaking their APC or equivalent.
- Encourage and develop a culture of contractual & commercial awareness on all projects.
- Be responsible, where required, to ensure that a review of all of the contractual obligations and commercial risks is carried out prior to the submission of tenders.
- Assist in maximising of cash position, including WIP control, cash flow production & improvement plans for all projects.
- Identification and advice upon of insurance related issues, including PI.
- Ensuring a margin improvement plan exists on each project.
- Assist in work winning duties as required, including proactive release of team members and attendance at Client Presentations for Tender Interviews
- Ensuring optimum performance of commercial team for the portfolio of work, undertaking constant reviewing for margin gains in efficiency and timely resource forecasting.
- Ability to handle Client disputes, with assistance.
- Ensure that the outturn costs on the projects are monitored on a monthly basis through a detailed bottom up resourced and costed forecast maintained.
- Attend client engagement events for equivalent level customer feedback.
Who we are looking for?
- HND/Degree qualification
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor (MRICS) or equivalent.
- Full driving license.
- All roles are expected to have the relevant competency skills cards
- Commercially astute with substantially proven experience within a commercial role in the Construction Industry.
- Excellent knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract and Standard Methods of Measurement.
- Understanding of programming techniques and project controls.
- Proven Management Skills.
A Strategic Working Alliance (SWA) between MWH Treatment and J. Murphy and Sons Limited has been created to deliver future works under AMP 7 for United Utilities as Advance Plus.
Advance Plus has been awarded two geographical batches of work across the North and South West with a combined value in excess of £500million over a five-year period.
Advance Plus has been collaboratively working to secure AMP 7 work since January 2019. The first contract award for two batches in the North were received in August 2019 with further awards expected thereafter.
Advance Plus are currently in the process of developing an integrated project team, which will be based between the Warrington and Preston offices.
- Charity is at the heart of Murphy values; you will receive 2 days leave per year to donate your time to a charity of your choosing. Many teams choose to support a charity together to positively impact our communities.
- Access to Murphy Wellbeing: you will have access to a host of online tools, mental health trained colleagues, and if needs be external professional support because we understand that work and life offers challenges that sometimes need a little extra support.
- Murphy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture, making Murphy a great place to work where we can all thrive. You can get involved in numerous events and even join our committee dedicated to continuously nurturing Murphy’s inclusive culture.
If you think Murphy is the place to help you thrive in a great team dedicated to delivery and engineering excellence, and want to work in an inclusive team culture that rewards performance and drives personal development, then get in touch.
What you’ll get in return
- Dedicated and continued investment in your professional development.
- 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays with the option to buy or sell 2 holiday days
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Above market rate contributory pension scheme
- Other benefits if applicable
- Other Murphy benefits include retail discounts and cashback, discounted gym memberships, cycle to work scheme etc
We’re proud to have become the latest employer to #BantheBoxUK and reduce barriers to employment for people with criminal records. Employers often ask candidates about criminal convictions at the initial stage of a job application. If so, people with convictions are often excluded from roles for which they may be qualified and capable of doing.
By signing up to @Business in the Community’s Ban the Box campaign, we have committed to:
- Removing the tick box from our job application forms that asks about criminal convictions
- Considering applicants’ skills, experience, and ability to do the job before asking about criminal convictions
- Ensuring that the circumstances of any convictions are fairly assessed before a decision is made
Company: J. Murphy & Sons Limited
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com