This listing is about Jacobs in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project.
It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About The Opportunity
Jacobs Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
Jacobs Nuclear provides the front-end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you to support a key project within the nuclear business.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Designer to join the team in Westlakes OR Warrington, we put flexibility at the heart of what we do and we’re happy to consider flexible working patterns, locations and remote working.
About The Opportunity
Design work on LSS1 continues with Concept Stage now complete. As this project moves into the Preliminary and Detailed design stages there is a requirement to grow the existing team. You will be joining the Mechanical Design team, which is currently ten strong. The Mechanical team are part of a wider multi-disciplinary delivery group comprising Civil/Structural, Electrical, Safety, Process Engineers and a Project Management Team.
LSS1 is a Mechanical handling plant on the Sellafield Site with features that make this the first in class for this type of facility.
The team is based in Birchwood but has been successfully combining remote working with some attendance in the design office. This challenge has been met with a weekly online meeting across the whole of the Mechanical team and the development of specific groups including a cross discipline team for 3D modelling. Whether in the office or working remotely, the ethos is to encourage individuals to develop their own ways of working and to create their own solutions to design challenges.
The challenge of this project is that it has different features to other plants and that it is schedule driven. The team needs to continue to rise to that challenge in developing new and innovative solutions within these tight timescales. You will be expected to fully contribute to meeting these challenges.
The requirement is for full time support to the Mechanical Design Team to help define and deliver the identified scope across various work streams.
- Work alongside Mechanical Design Lead and Mechanical Engineer to develop engineering concepts. Develop design concepts into scheme drawings and translate into General Arrangement, Sub-Assembly and detail drawings in accordance with British Standard and client specifications.
- Work alongside and support Designer grade team members
- Liaise with other engineering disciplines
- Prepare for and attend design reviews as required
- Prepare for and attend HAZOPS as required
Here’s What You’ll Need
Qualifications – Key Skill Set
- Mechanical handling experience
- Nuclear Containment and Shielding Design Experience would be an advantage.
- Minimum HNC or equivalent
- Competent in the use of 2D and 3D computer aided drafting packages (Specifically ACAD and Inventor)
- Knowledge of relevant drawing standards BS8888, BS5070 and BS EN 61082 –
- Relevant experience in the Nuclear Industry or a comparable highly regulated industry
- Knowledge and experience of the SL design process would be an advantage
- Awareness of legal and regulatory requirements of the designer
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Work on similar Projects on Sellafield site would be an advantage but experience in a comparable highly regulated industry with Mechanical Handling Equipment will also be considered.
Job Reference ID CMS0002MV
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com