This listing is about Jacobs in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit www.jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
We’re investing in people and their success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It’s our challenge as human beings, too. That’s why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It’s our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Our office in Warrington faces our nuclear clients, and the role will primarily be directly supporting clients who need to design, build and commission nuclear process plant across the UK. This means that most of the time is spent in client offices (including remote working), working in mixed teams of people from various companies, this is normally in Warrington but could be at other Jacobs offices in the north of England, or at client sites nationwide.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, we have an opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
The requirement is to lead engineering design work packages through concept, preliminary and detailed design for a Reinforced Concrete Structures, Substructure, Steelwork structures … etc, in a project environment or in a consulting role, to enable the company to offer leading technical expertise to its clients in the Civil & Structural Engineering Discipline.
Specific responsibilities include
- Apply expertise to provide specialist input to a project, including where relevant leading the input of other engineers, to ensure engineering delivery meets scope, time, cost, and quality.
- Apply expertise to generate innovative and / or technically differentiated solutions to problems, to deliver added value for clients
- Maintain own knowledge of new technologies and disseminate such information as appropriate within the group such that Jacobs maintains and enhances its ability to deliver for clients
- Build client relationships to make effective use of existing frameworks
- Lead the development of the engineering elements of the project/task baseline scope, schedule and budget for delivery
- Ability to work remotely whilst successfully achieving deliverable based outcomes through a virtual team.
- Ensure status and performance of work is reported accurately and in a timely manner
- Interfacing with design teams and stakeholders
- Check and approve the work of more junior staff to eliminate errors and sub-optimal work
- Provide functional support and guidance to more junior staff to develop both them as individuals and the capability of the team as a whole
Other duties will include
- Provides expert technical input in project or consulting role.
- Functional lead on projects.
- Works within and develops Jacobs and Client procedures.
- Regular attendance will be required at project office and site locations along with design team delivery locations.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Degree qualified in Civil/Structural engineering discipline
- Chartered Member of an appropriate institution (ICE/IStructE)
- Ten years or more experience in a civil and structural design role having direct influence over engineering practices and outcomes
- Ability to Lead projects of varying size and complexity, managing technical aspects as well as quality, budget, programme, and resources
- Good all-round technical design expertise using British and international standards, and/or Eurocodes
- Proficient use and knowledge of appropriate structural analysis programs (preferably STAAD)
- Good understanding of structural theory and strong analytical skills with proven problem solving and troubleshooting ability
- Experience of detailed calculations and design work for concrete, masonry, and steelwork structures
- Ability to work effectively as a team member liaising directly with clients and other design team members
- Awareness of applicable codes and safety legislation and how they should be applied
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and report writing skills.
- Ability to delegate work and responsibilities effectively.
- Five years or more experience in design and substantiation of nuclear safety related Structures, Systems, and components.
- Experience of structural dynamics, including designing for seismic, blast and impact load effects
- Have a good knowledge of European and American Standards and able to employ the suitable standard in the appropriate design situation.
- Able to demonstrate that continuing professional development has been a part of their career so far
- Understanding of emerging technology so that technical input to projects takes account of new developments
- Solid working knowledge in all required software and design tools
Job Reference ID CMS0002QU
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com