This listing is about Jacobs in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Description – External
At Jacobs, we’ll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About The Opportunity
Jacobs Nuclear provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges. You will be rewarded with a very long term opportunity with market leading benefits/pension.
We are recruiting for a Lead Mechanical Engineer required to develop Mechanical Services for SH&EP project.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Work in a multidiscipline environment
- Regularly liaise with key stakeholders (Plant personal e.g. Operators etc.)
- Manage interfaces with existing facilities
- Develop and validate service requirements
- Develop options to meet requirements
- Manage designer/s in the delivery of design development of piping designs.
- General arrangement layouts
- Develop outline installation proposals in accordance of CDM regulations
- Develop Risk assessments and risk reduction techniques in implementation of piping systems
- Scoping calculations to underpin designs
- Prepare for and lead design reviews
- Report and held self to account against schedule and cost constraints
- Check others work to eliminate errors and suboptimal work
Here’s What You’ll Need
Chartered Mechanical Engineer
- Experience working in a federated environment
- Knowledge of E3D
- Knowledge of SL design processes
- Experience of major engineering delivery on EPC projects
- Mobilisingecruiting discipline engineering resources including competency assessment
- Producing and implement engineering project execution plans
- Producingeviewing engineering estimates and programmes
- Implementation of design verification and validation
- Managing discipline design phase reviews
- Managing design contractors and interfacing with supply chain/vendors
- Managing cost and schedule performance of teams
- General knowledge of key cross industry regulations and standards including CDM
- Managing discipline workshare with HVEC other design offices
- Understanding key discipline related engineering software systems
- Experience of engineering in procurement, construction, commissioning phase
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com/uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
Job Reference ID CMS00032K
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com