This listing is about Jacobs in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Jacobs, we’ll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About The Opportunity
The Programme and Project Partners (PPP) is an exciting model to work in. Four world class organisations have come together as one team, with Sellafield Ltd, to create a clean and safe environment for future generations.
PPP is set to revolutionise project delivery at Sellafield and create a lasting legacy, through long-term partnerships.
The Sellafield nuclear site is home to one of the most complex portfolios of construction and infrastructure projects in the world, stretching over many decades.
The new approach will support the transformation from nuclear operator into a world leader in environmental remediation.
The partnership is made up of four lots and Sellafield Ltd, as 5th Partner, to help deliver the site’s decommissioning programme
- Kellogg Brown and Root Ltd (KBR) – integration partner
- Jacobs – design and engineering partner
- Morgan Sindall Infrastructure – civils construction management partner
- Doosan Babcock Ltd – process construction management partner
Sellafield Ltd will work collaboratively with the four lot partners, to deliver major projects in support of the site’s 100-year decommissioning programme.
The new approach is set up to support faster, more effective project delivery, stability in design and construction supply chains, greater workforce flexibility, and local economic benefit.
Not only do we have an important national purpose at the heart of what we do, we get to do our work in two brilliant locations in the North of England.
We have one site in Whitehaven that is on the beautiful Cumbrian coast with easy access to the fells and Lake District. Our other base is Warrington, vibrant and ideally located between Liverpool and Manchester.
Now is your chance to be part of this vital work, a once-in-a-career opportunity, in the role of Document Control Manager
Core Responsibilities And Duties
- Under general direction – uses specialized knowledge or skills to solve complex and unique problems – or direct the daily activities of a business – technical support – or functional support team.
- Direct resources – prioritize tasks and provide guidance to less experienced team members.
- Ensure task completion in compliance with business strategy, policies and procedures.
- Team Manager in relation to document management matters.
- Supports with Document Control resourcing across the PPP programme.
- Act as a liaison between the document controllers on the projects on site and in office, in the supporting departments and the PPP.
- Coordinate with the wider project team, including supply chain to ensure they are aware of their requirements for document delivery.
- Work closely with the Digital Delivery Team and maintain awareness of document control amongst the project team members by informing, explaining and updating them on the latest procedures and tools.
- Assist in developing and implementing the PPP Document Control plan, standards, policies, processes and procedures.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the PPP services documents in the central library.
- Assist in implementing EDMS system(S).
- Work proactively within document control to improve our processes, ways of working and approach to document control in a way that balances the prevailing business need and value with the future vision.
- Develop, maintain and timely expediting of Project and Programme Document Control reporting requirements and procedures.
- Developing and delivering user manuals and training co-ordination with all EDMS Users including the wider project team.
- Provide reports to the management team regarding document control (delivery and status).
- Managing assurance of document control systems and associated activities.
- Prepare and make presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that the right information is available to stakeholders at the right time.
- Provide advice and feedback on procedures, issues and methods in accessing / using the systems.
- Provide the “peak relief” and interventions on projects.
- Undertake any other job/task (which you have been trained) assigned to you.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Hold/ have held or eligible to apply for UK based security clearance.
- Hold a discipline/industry recognised qualification.
- Hold an undergraduate/ bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience in the nuclear industry is an advantage.
Experience and Skills
- Have depth knowledge about document management systems and understands the processes, from project inception to close-out.
- Digitally savvy and have an eye for detail.
- See and get opportunities and be result driven.
- Be flexible in approach to work and undertake any other duties that may be required with the remit of the organisation and project team.
- Establishes priorities for the completion of assigned tasks.
- Have excellent communication skills
- Are a team player.
- A people person who can build lasting relationships and will provide support to multi-disciplinary teams.
- Adequate experience in a Lead role.
- Experience of working within the following ICT/IM environments
- Office 365/MS Teams/SharePoint
- EDMS Systems (Such as Aconex, Viewpoint etc.
- Reporting Tools
- Experience of working in a security conscious environment.
- Understanding how Document Control fits with Digital Delivery
- Experience with change management or implementing change
Job Reference ID CMS00034Q
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com