This listing is about Jacobs in Birchwood, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Jacobs, we’ll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About The Opportunity
We are currently recruiting additional Operations Managers to support the growth in our Decommissioning Projects business reporting into one of our Operations Directors. Preferably based at Warrington in Cheshire, although other Jacobs locations will be discussed, you will be responsible for people, operations, project delivery, operational sales, and budgets. To be successful in this role we ask managers to set examples of high levels of performance and behaviours.
This business expansion reflects on our success and forward strategy with an enhanced focus on Graphite moderated reactor decommissioning, Defence and Overseas campaigns. These new and exciting roles could provide, ideal development opportunities for those with demonstrated skills and behaviours who require a formal business leadership role, or the change for an experienced business manager wishing to lead in a growth area.
You will be responsible for the
- Beyond Zero – Advocating and leading safety, health, and wellbeing through our Beyond Zero Culture of Caring and in delivery of health and safety performance & behaviours. Supporting our Value+ and Sustainability+ programmes.
- Future Working with the Decommissioning Projects Performance Unit (PU) lead team to define the future strategy for the continued development of the specific business areas, capitalising on existing routes to market whilst identifying new client contacts, partners and opportunities for growth.
- Engagement Proactively engaging with staff and stakeholders across the Decommissioning PU and the wider ES&T business to achieve goals. Utilising existing relationships and creating new relationships with the client to understand the strategies and drivers behind the project needs.
- Winning of Work working with the Growth and Strategy team, you will manage the opportunity pipeline for your specific business area. Providing direct leadership to the activities needed to secure opportunities, with sponsorship and support from Directors and other Managers in the Decommissioning Projects Group. Ensuring compliance with the appropriate governance processes at each step of the pursuit. Utilising the corporate systems to manage the pipeline, whilst engaging in proactive account management across Jacobs.
- Delivery ensuring the effective delivery of projects within your area of responsibility, including Financial Performance & Forecasting, Utilisation and forecasting of resources, and delivery of gross margin expectations. Providing input to, and managing stakeholders at, Project Reviews. Supporting Project Managers whilst holding them accountable for delivery. Liaison across the business to engage additional support as required to deliver for our customers.
- Nurturing providing leadership and line management for your team who could be based in numerous locations. Supporting growth and development of the resources through effective line management, coaching and mentoring. Line management and recruitment responsibilities to support retention and growth of the business. Demonstrating the behaviours of leadership to strengthen your team and provide a better work experience for our staff and our customers.
Here’s What You’ll Need
As a business manager, you will have experience in the delivery of nuclear projects and managing customer relationships, along with a proven track record of line management of delivery teams. The ideal candidate will have a good appreciation of one or all of our growth areas (Graphite moderated reactor decommissioning, Defence and Overseas), the likely supply chain arrangements and potential preferred partners
Specifically, you will have
- A working knowledge of decommissioning and the challenges facing our clients.
- Understanding of the wider civil and/or defence nuclear decommissioning market and key stakeholders, clients and competitors.
- Experience of working in both an engineering/consultancy environment and full lifecycle design and implementation projects would be very beneficial.
- The ability to communicate effectively and develop relationships with external clients and internal stakeholders.
- Good understanding of financial and commercial aspects of operations management, taking responsibility for forecasting and delivery against forecast.
- Ability to think strategically and clearly define, communicate and deliver a business strategy. Identifying Risks and creating mitigation strategies.
- Experience of business development and the production of bids for technical services, consultancy and full lifecycle design and implementation projects.
- A Willingness to travel regularly to meet with customers and teams.
- A clear focus on collaboration and growth.
- Ownership skills, driving delivery through a blend of leadership and self-performance.
- Experience of project management and/or technical leadership of projects and/or business leadership.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
Job Reference ID CMS0003B2
Job Location: Birchwood, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com