This listing is about Jacobs in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Jacobs, we’ll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About The Opportunity
Mechanical Responsible Engineer
Support to FMTP will be required to undertake optioneering and deliver underpinning of the single viable options selected in the study phase of the FMTP. As FMTP progresses, the role will involve the production and checking of engineering deliverables to support design development through concept and preliminary phases, as well as management of Mechanical resources (e.g. other engineers, modellers).
The role requires knowledge and experience in project delivery with experience of project- and tactical-level optioneering and front-end design being desirable.
The role will be at the level of Responsible Engineer
Experience of the following is desirable
- Crane modification (design and implementation)
- Major plant modification (design and implementation)
- Building ventilation and services
- Decontamination and effluent management system design
- Disassembly, dismantling, size reduction, and demolition of large equipment
- Nuclear Safety and Hazard Management
- Environmental and Nuclear Waste Management (including BAT studies)
- Production of engineering drawings, specifications, calculations, sequence diagrams, etc.
This role requires interface with Integrated Design Team, facility team (including systems engineering), other project functions and must work closely throughout project phases. The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment is essential.
Here’s What You’ll Need
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer (or equivalent through enhanced experience).
- A minimum of three years working within a highly regulated industry.
- Familiar with a range of available technologies and techniques.
- Capable of independent and autonomous work during the delivery of packages.
- Able to actively seek input from other engineers, specialists, facility and project team members to improve understanding and deliver fit for purpose solutions.
- Be able to present information in forms specifically aimed at a variety of target audiences.
- Experience of any Sellafield or nuclear industry Design.
- Chartered engineer.
- Experience of leading work packages; providing guidance to junior engineers in establishing solutions to technical problems.
- Ability to obtain P1 or P4 Pass.
- Ability to obtain SC clearance.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
Job Reference ID CMS00031M
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com