This listing is about Jacobs in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Jacobs, we’ll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About The Opportunity
- Design and manufacture of test pieces and support structures to replicate high integrity components used in Nuclear Power plant.
- You will be bringing your expertise to support the team of engineers already working in the group.
- Your contribution will ensure that the IVC continue to meet customer requirements to support timely completion and on-going safety of the Hinkley Point C Power Plant.
- Reporting to the IVC Quality Manager.
- Supporting the requirements for NDT Qualification projects, including Hinkley Point C, Sizewell B and other nuclear new build opportunities as they arise.
- Your technical skills, questioning attitude, delivery and customer focus will support your success in the role.
- This work will provide the opportunity to develop engineering design, CAD, fabrication, procurement and welding experience related to the area of NDT Qualification. There will be significant interfacing with key stakeholders including customers, suppliers, project management and the NDT Consultancy team.
Further information about this role will be available at the first interview stage.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience of the design, specification and manufacture of mechanical assemblies.
- Experience in the preparation and appraisal of engineering documentation / specifications.
- Experience in the use of design packages such as Autodesk Inventor.
- Ability to work with a delivery focus, yet still be able to challenge others from a quality and technical perspective.
- A strong sense of team spirit, able to learn from and support colleagues to meet delivery objectives.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain Baseline security clearance (BPSS).
- Ability to interface and liaise with key clients, suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Chartered or Incorporated professional or corporate membership of a relevant professional body / institution (MIMechE) Experience of the design, specification and manufacture of mechanical assemblies.
- Awareness of BS 8888.
- Awareness of BS 2573 and BS EN 13001.
- Awareness of the Supply of machinery (safety) Regulations, Loler and CDM.
- Experience of welding processes used in the manufacture of nuclear steam supply systems and / or structural fabrication.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
Job Reference ID CMS00035B
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org