This listing is about Jacobs in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Jacobs Nuclear provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges. You will be rewarded with a very long term opportunity.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About The Opportunity
Jacobs Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
Jacobs Nuclear provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio.
Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you to support a key project within the nuclear business.
We are currently looking for a Human Factors (HF) Assessor position to join the team in Birchwood.
Human Factors design and safety case support
The HF resource will need to be fully embedded / integrated with the RAP Project, in particular the design / engineering, pre-ops and safety disciplines. The key HF activities planned include
- Project planning / management, for example
- Management of live HF scope and program document
- HF planning / scoping activities for subsequent project phases
- Logging, tracking and closing off HF issues, actions and requirements.
- HF design support, for example
- Understanding the role of the operator – task analysis on key functions/tasks to inform design development, HF requirements capture and HF design advice
- Attendance at key design review meetings (SDDR, MDDR)
- Input into optioneering / design of problem-solving techniques and proposed technologies
- Providing ergonomic design advice / review to aspects such as HMI, anthropometric assessment, glovebox design, maintenance tasks, access / egress, workspace layout, etc.
- HF support to Problem-solving Equipment Modifiers / down selection and nuclearisation of instruments
- HF design verification of operator tasks, equipment design and organization environments
- HF support to Pre-operations function (staffing levels, training, ability, procedures, etc).
- HF safety case support, for example
- Input into the nuclear safety case strategy, utilising SL HF methodologies
- Attendance at HAZOPs and input into fault identification
- Input into allocation of safety function to operational controls
- Input into the development of radiological, criticality and chemotoxic safety assessments
- HF substantiation of safety significant tasks / operator claims.
HF support will also be required throughout the remaining project lifecycle, to ensure that the operator role is adequate and that the design outcome meets the user needs, accommodates for human psychological and physical characteristics and minimises the potential for human error and violations.
Here’s What You’ll Need
Here’s What You’ll Need
Task Specific Experience & Qualifications
- Senior HF Assessor
- 5 years + HF experience
- Significant experience providing integrated HF design and safety case support in the nuclear industry
- Sellafield experience would be advantageous
- Knowledge and experience working within the UK nuclear regulatory framework would be advantageous
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of integrated team
NOTE SQEPness of HF candidate will need to be demonstrated by interview with the SL HF SME.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
Job Reference ID CMS00039H
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com