This listing is about Jacobs in Washington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Jacobs, we’ll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About The Opportunity
The BEP Joint Venture (JV) project will safely design and deliver a Plant and the works in accordance with the requirements of the contract to enable conditioning of wastes from the various donor plants, carried out in line with the Employer’s needs and to the satisfaction of stakeholders in the Box Encapsulation Project (BEP).
BEP is a large +£1billion project with over 600 JV personnel employed across multiple locations mainly in Warrington, Sellafield and Stockton. The project wishes to improve its approach to people management which will in turn increase retention rates, improve morale and de-risk project delivery. With no permanent people management support within the project, the creation of a BEP HRBP role is key to achieving this improvement.
This role will be based at Washington House in Warrington but a weekly presence at Sellafield Site is a requirement. The role is a Management Team role, reporting into the Deputy Delivery Director, with a primary responsibility on supporting the ongoing evolution of the Project People Strategy, ensuring its implementation across the project and co-ordinating interaction with parent organisations.
The key elements of the role will include liaison and interface with the Parent companies to ensure BEP carries out the following
- Resourcing requirements and recruitment processes, including Project onboarding
- Employee Relations liaison including demobilisation and redundancy
- Performance Management
- Reward, recognition and retention
- Employee Engagement
- Flexible working
- Training & Development
Specific responsibilities include
- Work closely with the project leadership team to ensure the HR agenda is a project priority and to ensure the leadership teams are supported in all HR activity.
- Provide a focal point for the project on people related activities in support of recruitment and retention.
- Managing the link back to parent companies to advise employees in respect of issues and concerns relating to their employment, pay and HR policies and procedures.
- Providing pragmatic and consistent guidance and advice to managers on grievance, attendance, disciplinary, and performance issues in line with parent company requirements.
- Managing project recruitment including the interface with parent companies, on-boarding and demobilisation .
- Implement a periodic “People Forum” with parent company stakeholders to review overarching topics such as Succession, Flight Risks, Recruitment and Retention, performance, Talent Reviews, Performance Issues, Partner performance cycles, emergent issues and training & development requirements.
- Ensure application of Parent Company people management models.
- Identifying opportunities for apprentices, graduates, work experience/placements in line with our targets and assisting with selection thereof. Engaging with this population to ensure they have a point of contact within the HR team and are appropriately supported by the project.
Here’s What You’ll Need
Here’s What You’ll Need
The candidate must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to converse effectively within the project controls team and with other disciplines within the wider project, whilst working professionally within a client facing environment.
- Proven HRBP experience or equivalent
- HR professional with experience of working within a multi- disciplined project environment
- Experience of implementing HR processes and methodologies within complex multi-stakeholder environments
- Experience of implementing change in a project or business operations
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Experience of IR and ER in a project environment
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
Job Reference ID CMS0003BG
Job Location: Washington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org