This listing is about Jacobs in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Jacobs, we’ll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
To provide project risk management support to a widely diverse portfolio of projects at various points in the project delivery lifecycle. Including –
- Performing Qualitative risk management through a structured approach, such as risk reviews, that allows individual risk events and overall project risk to be identified and assessed and then controlled through the evaluation of options and the selection and implementation of risk management
- Document quantification of risk, assumptions, qualifications and exclusions
- Facilitation of large risk identification workshops and reviews both internally and client facing
- Development of risk responses and actions including monitoring and reporting through to risk closeout
- Perform quantitative risk analysis through assessment of the qualitative risks, interpret the results and apply analysis to assess appropriate allowances for risk.
- Supporting analysis of the output data documented in basis of risk reports to provide risk-based guidance to project managers and business decision makers
- Gaining buy-in from project teams through stakeholder engagement and client meetings
- Provide intelligent advice, coaching and challenge to both internal and external stakeholders
- Provide bespoke advice to clients – from analysing data and working with Life Cycle models through to Investment Appraisals
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Understanding of the relationship between risk management and controls/management functions including project management, change control, planning & scheduling, cost & commercial management, and reporting
- Working knowledge of project controls and planning techniques and tools, such as P6 and Microsoft Project
- Understanding and experience in application of a variety of contract forms of construction contracts
- Comprehensive working knowledge of project and programme management; awareness of portfolio
- Experience using Enterprise Risk Management tools, for example, Active Risk Manager (ARM), RiskHive
- Experience in the application of Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) techniques and tools, for example- @Risk and Primavera Risk Analysis
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, PowerPoint and Excel, Power BI
- Demonstrable evidence of deploying cost and finance processes, systems, tools & techniques to maintain and analyse cost and resource loaded programmes
- Expert user of a range of risk management software and finance systems such as Oracle ERP
Skills and behaviours
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Ability to motivate and liaise with team members and discipline leads to ensure that risk information is as agreed with client and other stakeholders.
- Deliverables focused and an accomplished problem solver, rising to meet any challenge. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and personal resilience to working under pressure and with different styles of leadership.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills using leading edge tools and techniques
- Preferably Degree educated, Masters or equivalent experience
- Professional level associated qualifications or Postgraduate qualifications are not essential but advantageous if degree is in an unrelated subject (i.e. undergraduate/postgraduate degree, IRM Diploma or Certificate, APM Risk Certificate, PMI-RMP, MoR Practitioner)
- Upto 10 years’ experience with strong working knowledge of risk management in a project execution related environment
- Appropriate Membership of one or more risk management or risk related professional bodies (i.e. IRM)
- Experience of Nuclear, Defence, Technology and Cyber industries is preferrable
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
Job Reference ID CMS00039G
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org