This listing is about Jacobs in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Jacobs, we’ll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
The requirement is for a CE&I Senior Engineer with knowledge of nuclear Design and Site processes. The candidate shall have the ability to take Designs through the Design, Testing, Construction, Commissioning phases and ultimately through to final handover with Plant Operations.
The successful candidate will be required to produce documentation associated with several new and ongoing projects within nuclear projects.
Typically, the following duties will be undertaken
- Provide input to Programmes
- Provide input to Quality Plans
- Produce Options Documents
- Produce Scope of Work documents
- Produce Site Survey Reports
- Produce Technical Specifications / User Requirements Specifications
- Produce Outline Installation method statements
- Prepare Cable Calculations
- Prepare Instrument Data Sheets
- Review and prepare engineering substantiation documentation
- Supervise the production of CE&I Design documentation and check drawings, including, but not limited to
- Panel General Arrangement drawings
- Junction Box General Arrangement drawings
- Equipment Location / Installation Drawings
- Cable routing drawings
- Lighting and Small Power Layout drawings
- Electrical Schematic Diagrams
- Termination Schedules/Diagrams
- I/O Schedules
- Instrument Loop Schedules
- Instrument Loop Equipment Schedule
- Loop Diagrams
- Instrument Process Hook-up
- Instrument Piping Schedules
Other duties will also include
- Attendance at relevant Project meetings and workshops
- Attendance at HAZOPs and HAZCONs as required
- Site Surveys of building infrastructure, Plant and Equipment
- Provision of ‘as built’ documentation
- Attendance at Single Discipline Design Review & Produce Minutes of Meetings
- Attendance at Multi Discipline Design Review & Produce Minutes of Meetings
Here’s What You’ll Need
Here’s What You Will Need
The successful candidate will be required to work at Risley, or Jacobs Birchwood Office, under the supervision of the client CE&I Responsible Engineer (or nominee).
- Occasional visits to Sellafield site will also be required.
- Previous experience of similar role, undertaking duties as described above
- Previously worked on nuclear Projects.
- Prior knowledge/experience within the Plants detailed above.
- Good communications skills
- Self-motivated and capable of arranging own work, able to work with minimal supervision to meet challenging client deadlines.
- Classified/Monitored worker preferred
- Experience with production/input to CONCISE would be advantageous
- SC Essential- monitored worker
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
Job Reference ID CMS00030P
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org