This listing is about Jacobs in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Jacobs, we’ll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About The Opportunity
The ventilation category is made up of asset care projects. Work is made up of issues identified on SAMdb and assessed through the worklist annual exercise. Work of significant size and complexity is delivered through this category but some work has been put through value streams and tasks. Those decisions are made with the business teams with support from category management and the respective task and value streams.
The category has now moved from dealing with mainly legacy jobs that were handed from value streams in various stages through to predominately newer work. This allows the category to further learn from our past delivery performance but also to share with value streams and tasks as to how to deliver better.
More significant changes are being made as we transition into an Axiom partner led design team and investigate the potential improvements for a similar approach to site based delivery. As more responsibility is transitioned into the supply chain there is a greater need to formalise the Intelligent Client (IC) roles and responsibilities. These arrangements are addressed within this document.
The category also supports the Plant Facing Design Office by supplying HVAC design capability to support remedial or minor modifications to operational HVAC systems across the site.
To support the HVAC Capability team delivering projects for Sellafield Limited Categorised Projects in all aspects of HVAC and Building Services with knowledge and experience in nuclear standards and processes, specifically the delivery of the design of HVAC Systems or modification to existing HVAC Systems. Able to be client facing and demonstrate confidence as a subject matter expert hence able to support all stakeholders. Role expectations are
- Reporting to the HVAC Manager/Principal Engineer.
- Have experience of working within Building Services Engineering design consultancy practice.
- An appreciation of quality assurance and business management.
- Good verbal and communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with colleagues and with a professional approach to external clients.
- An enquiring approach with a desire to explore innovative ideas whilst still understanding the need for a good commercial balance.
- Being able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Available to travel short term in UK.
Here’s What You’ll Need
Here’s What You’ll Need
Degree in Building Services Engineering.
- Knowledge and experience of UK regulations is essential.
- Knowledge of nuclear standards and site procedures (preferred but not essential).
- Awareness of EG_0_1738_1 – Ventilation of Radioactive Areas.
- Design of ventilation systems from basic principles which shall include but not limited to
- Review of room data sheets
- Calculating required air change rates for free cooling containment, etc.
- Calculating airflow rates to enable duct sizing and pressure loss calculations for fan duties,
- Develop HVAC Fire and Control Philosophy;
- Knowledge & experience in nuclear containment ventilation.
- Experience in the production of HVAC system design deliverables, specifying heat rejection plant (eg. air / water cooled condensers, heat pumps and heat recovery systems of varying types. The design of HVAC systems for cooling industrial process environments
- Production of system schematics / Engineering Flow Diagrams (EFDs).
- Able to produce and check psychrometric calculations.
- Knowledge of steam and condensate processes and steam system design.
- Use of industry standard software such as Hevacomp and Pipenet.
- Thermal modelling experience would be an advantage.
- An understanding of Autocad packages and its capabilities.
- Experience in the delivery of written work, eg. Functional Specifications, Basis of Design, Equipment Specifications and Validation and Verification plans.
- Able to mentor junior staff, graduates and apprentices in nuclear ventilation design.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role/environment, with recent relevant exposure to work in the nuclear industry.
- Ability to manage his/her own time effectively to ensure tasks are delivered to budget and timescale.
- Security Clearance/Radiological Status Required
- Preferred – Currently holds P1/P4 pass and SC Clearance.
- The position is subject to the ability of the candidate to obtain as a minimum baseline personnel security standard clearance and obtain a Sellafield P1 pass
- Design Tools
- MS Office applications
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
Job Reference ID CMS0002LP
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org