This listing is about Jacobs in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Energy, Security and Technology business – are invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About The Opportunity
Jacobs Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
Jacobs Nuclear provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you to support a key project within the nuclear business.
As a result of this increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you as a Senior Mechanical Engineer to support the SIXEP Waste Management Receipt Facility which is an interim storage of sludge and sand/cilo which provides a waste route from SCP to a future treatment facility a key project within the nuclear business, the role will be flexible with a mixture of home working and occasional site meetings based at our client site Birchwood, Warrington.
Responsibilities and Duties
Ideally you will have knowledge of Mechanical Handling Equipment in a regulated indistry,
- Knowledge of design and specification of mechanical handling including high integrity building cranes.
- Knowledge of design and specification of Gamma gates and shield doors.
- Knowledge of design and specification of pipework and tanks / vessels for storage and transfer of Nuclear waste (sludges and sand based wastes).
- Knowledge of remote deployed COTS and bespoke equipment for waste handling.
- Experience in early stage concept design and preparation of mechanical handling and sequencing diagrams for HAZOP’s.
- Knowledge of underground / above ground services diversions including water and steam.
- Knowledge of design and specification of shielded pipe bridges.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Significant of post-graduate work experience in a highly regulated industry, ideally some of it in the nuclear industry
- Degree Qualification or equivalent qualification in a relevant technical or business discipline
- Detail design knowledge of mechanical mechanisms or bespoke equipment for Nuclear use.
- Demonstrated record of maintaining own skills and knowledge at the forefront of the field Knowledge of delivering against legislative, regulatory and company policy standards and procedures e.g. safety, quality, risk, security
- Proactive and driven approach to work, taking ownership of the tasks required to be completed under their remit
- Comfortable working under time and cost constraints
- Ideally familiarity with nuclear design principles and processes
- Commercial awareness
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit https//www.vercida.com/uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
Job Reference ID CMS0002H8
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org