This listing is about Jacobs in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Jacobs, we’ll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About The Opportunity
Jacobs Technology and Cybersecurity team have some exciting opportunities with our Assurance, technology and regulations team and are looking for talented and enthusiastic Project Controller who is keen to cement our existing expertise in delivering projects to our key clients and encouraging the growth of our business in this sector.
The role is predominantly Warrington based but Home / remote working is available and considered appropriate as we continue to face the challenges of COVID 19. Consideration can also be given in respect to part time & flexible working hours.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Project Managers in delivering their projects on time and to budget through attention to detail and the application of Jacobs standard processes and best practice techniques. Responsibilities will include
- To comply with project controls procedures, processes, and systems to ensure that quality and consistency of data is maintained.
- Production and maintenance of schedules for tendering and project execution
- Work with the Project Manager and the Project team to establish the project activities, durations and ensure that these reflect project scope, constraints, and commitments. Challenge as necessary to ensure compatibility and compliance.
- Interface with other departments regarding the project’s activities which may have an impact and ensure these are correctly captured.
- Integrate 3rd party schedules and data into the overall project plan.
- Develop, control, monitor, analyse and report on schedule related aspects for designated projects
- Implement appropriate control and progress measurement techniques allowing early identification of variances
- Development of mitigation strategies in response to identified risks and recovery from identified variances
- Maintain and control project baselines in line with company procedures and guidance.
- Contribute to progress meetings, as required, in support of the Project Manager.
- Regular interfacing and integration with the project controls team to maintain an aligned financial position with the Project Plan
- Contribute to Lessons Learnt process throughout the project lifecycle
- Application of project controls processes and systems utilization
- Project set up, close out and reconciliations.
- Ensuring correct cost allocation
- Project cost forecasting
- Revenue and gross margin monitoring
- Ensure corporate systems are up to date and an accurate reflection of the project
- Monitoring of aged debt
- Project Financial Reviews
- Preparation of Client specific monthly reports
- Preparation of internal reporting for Operational Project Reviews
- Attendance and / or contributions at monthly meetings
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Ability to obtain SC Clearance
- 3+ Years Project Control Experience
- An Engineering / Project Management/ project Control Qualification (desirable not essential)
- A proven track record of successful delivery within the planning function using planning tools such as Primavera
- Experienced in planning and deconflicting technical assessment activities against a fluid programmatic baseline
- Develop project plans for the purpose of project execution and control
- Experience in producing and managing programmes in accordance with the NEC contract
- Ability to develop schedules as a lead role and as part of a wider project team
- Engagement and development of excellent relationships with client senior managers, regulators, and other stakeholders, including internal Jacobs management
- Attention to detail and good numerical skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular; Excel, Word and Outlook
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
Job Reference ID CMS00035N
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com