This listing is about Jacobs in Birchwood, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Jacobs, we’ll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About The Opportunity
Are you seeking a new challenging career? to open your horizons in a dynamic environment where you can make a real difference using your own initiative and develop along the way, broadening your networks with the UK’s preeminent Nuclear Decommissioning and Waste Management Business
Jacobs are recruiting for Two Operations Directors within our Decommissioning Projects business; these roles provide key leadership to core areas of our business. Supporting the UK civil and defence decommissioning market and comprising the engineering, project delivery, and specialist service to our customers. These roles will be both externally and internally focused to drive project delivery, provide operational direction and inspirational leadership. The roles are based from Warrington in Cheshire, but other Jacobs office locations could be considered. Core duties will fall into four broad categories Client strategy and relations, Project delivery, People leadership/development and Financial accountability, all being co-ordinated to provide successful outcomes for both Jacobs and our customers.
- Beyond Zero – Advocating and leading safety, health, and wellbeing through our Beyond Zero Culture of Caring and in delivery of health and safety performance & behaviours.
- Future Working with the wider business to define, own and evolve a coherent and flexible strategy to support our customers with their upcoming decommissioning challenges.
- Engagement Proactively engaging with internal/external stakeholders to achieve goals. Establishing strong and enduring relationships with clients, partners, suppliers, and stakeholders. Utilising relationships and creating new ones with clients to truly understand drivers behind project needs. Proactively collaborating, deploying an influencing style to own the delivery of your team. Confident communications both verbally and written and with a forward-thinking approach, directing customer relationships, interpreting strategic importance and tactical partnering.
- Winning Work Working with the Growth and Strategy team, you will manage the opportunity pipeline for your areas of accountability. Providing leadership to the activities to secure identified opportunities, whilst ensuring compliance governance processes.
- Delivery Ensuring the effective delivery of projects within your area of responsibility, including HSE, financial performance, utilisation of resources, and delivery of gross margin. Providing management of senior stakeholders. Understanding the balance between risk and opportunity, confidently challenging the norm to do something different. Must have a strategic mindset with the ability to think beyond the challenges of the day.
- Nurturing Capitalising on the current positions whilst identifying new customer contacts, partners and opportunities for growth. Ensuring continuous improvement & innovation strategies and budget resources for delivery, development, and sales.
- People Leadership; Motivating, guiding, directing, and mentoring your operations management team and staff, ensuring a culture of caring, and the environment to allow staff to develop, to perform at their best and to achieve high performance. Recognised as a positive role model not only to direct reports but staff throughout the business
Here’s What You’ll Need
As an Operations Director, you will have significant experience in the delivery of nuclear projects and managing customer relationships, along with a proven track record of management of delivery teams. In addition to meeting the market demands the successful candidates will be able to demonstrate where they have proactively shaped the market to provide value opportunities for Jacobs and our customers. The ideal candidate will have a good appreciation of the UK Civil and/or Defence Nuclear Markets, the supply chain arrangements and potential preferred partners
Specifically, you will have/be
- A people leader with a collaborative and engaging style, focused on project delivery and successful outcome
- Ownership in all aspects of the role, self starting and driving progress from start to finish
- Decision making skills to utilise the delegation of authority and make effective and efficient decisions to benefit Jacobs and our customers
- Commercially aware and contract delivery minded, to manage and administer the business requirements around reporting and forecasting
- Appropriate financial acumen to understand and interpret project forecasts and support the incorporation to business plans and forecasts
- Flexible and Open to Change with a real desire for continuous improvement, learning from experience to embed improvement.
- Authentic with an ability to influence and guide relationships forward both internally and externally
- End user focused with an ability through active listening to understand, empathise and resolve customer issues both in pursuit of new opportunities and in the delivery of current obligations
- Technical understanding of the customer challenges in the decommissioning of legacy facilities, to support the development of fit for purpose solutions from value proposition to project close out
- Willing to play an important role in a team environment and lead by example to enable a successful outcome
- Cultivating innovation and driving diversity in company thinking
- Full understanding of project lifecycle to maximise the opportunities at each phase
- Willing to be the face of Jacobs, travelling when needed to represent both at customer events and industry forums
- Confident and assuring presentation skills to effectively communicate and differentiate Jacobs from our competitors
- Previous experience of project delivery within an Engineering environment and /or with nuclear customers
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
Job Reference ID CMS0003B1
Job Location: Birchwood, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org