This listing is about Jacobs in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Jacobs, we’ll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About The Opportunity
Jacobs Nuclear provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges. You will be rewarded with a very long term opportunity with market leading benefits/pension. We are interested in Safety Case people at all levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide occupational safety advice throughout the design process from conception to completed build
- To chair and facilitate hazard studies (HAZCON and SHERA processes) to support project delivery
- To provide occupational safety input into design safety cases
- To advise on suitable occupational safety engineering for the protection of operators
- Development of occupational safety strategies for both new and existing structures, including plant modifications and proactively work with design teams to identify, eliminate or manage conventional risks
Here’s What You’ll Need
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Relevant science or engineering degree
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent
- Graduate / Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (GradIOSH / CMIOSH)
- Must be able to apply occupational safety requirements in the context of design and engineering
- A good understanding of nuclear safety cases and nuclear safety assessment
- Good report writing, written communication and presentation skills
- Able to provide practical occupational safety solutions for design and engineering
- In-depth knowledge of occupational safety principles, legislation and their interpretation and application to design and engineering
- Computer literacy including some knowledge of word processing and database packages preferably Microsoft applications
- Good communication skills
- Mathematical skills
- Capable of reading technical and engineering drawings and engineering flow diagrams
- Taking minutes and contributing to hazard studies and safety committees
- Preparing safety training and safety documentation
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
Job Reference ID CMS0002WJ
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com