This listing is about Jacobs in Birchwood, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Energy, Security & Technology is invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Flexibility is key to our future business strategy and to our “Future of Work” plans. With this in mind we are actively considering flexible work patterns for all of our roles. Feel free to apply and we can discuss both hours and working patterns to suit the needs of all.
About The Opportunity
We are currently recruiting for Project Managers at all experience levels to join our Decommissioning Projects business. This role will be based in Birchwood, Warrington, Harwell, Oxfordshire or Scrabster, Caithness, but other locations are willingly considered.
The Decommissioning business provides an exciting mixture of consultancy, engineering and project management support, along with delivery of challenging decommissioning related EPC projects, to major clients in the UK across both the civil nuclear and defence industries, including Dounreay, Sellafield Limited, Urenco and Magnox. Overseas, we are delivering similarly interesting and exciting projects across the globe including projects for clients in Central & Eastern Europe and Japan.
We are very proud to have supported these clients for many years, and our partnering arrangements will enable us to sustain and enhance this support in the long-term. We also deliver a number of projects for other private companies and academia needing decommissioning solutions.
As the business grows, we are recruiting for more Project Management capacity to ensure effective management of tenders, projects and client relationships, and in return we offer you an opportunity to take ownership for delivery and to provide support to develop their own skills so as to provide a effective outcome for customers. Our Project Managers are expected to lead and manage projects ranging from £1M-£20M, with a selection of risk profiles and contracting terms.
Your responsibilities will include
- The direct delivery of EPC contracts or a portfolio of design projects
- Direct interface with Clients to develop business opportunities; develop relationships and communication on project progress and proactively manage change
- Delivery of projects to the budgeted margins, timescales and quality expectations
- Effectively manage scope and changes to ensure project outcomes are delivered for customers, whilst maintaining Jacobs interests
- High quality effective communication at every stage
- The management of projects safely, to time, quality standards, and to budget
- Prepare and present formal monthly progress reports as part of business governance review
- Tendering and new business capture activities, developing the project management strategies and implementing them in delivery
Here’s What You’ll Need
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Degree educated, ideally in engineering or related subject
- Chartered engineer or equivalent professional qualification
- APMP formal project management qualification or equivalent, is beneficial
- You will have Leadership competencies such as leading through teamwork, open communication, decision making, achievement orientation
- You will have a broad understanding of engineering, design, procurement, safety case, construction and installation/commissioning management and commercial contracting (NEC)
- You must have had experience of dealing with a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent conflict manager with a firm and positive approach but take the critical thinking approach with a “can do” problem solving ability
- Demonstrable personal experience of managing projects throughout the full project lifecycle, ideally across a range of complex multi-discipline projects and environments, and overseeing of an integrated project team including staff, agency and assigned functional support
- You must be able to demonstrate experience of estimating, cost control, planning and commercial awareness including the preparation of business cases and sanction/ funding papers
- You should be experienced in the preparation of reports and information, be proficient in the use of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools and in the use of Earned Value tools
- Due to an expanding portfolio of works Japanese Language skills would be beneficial
We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
Job Reference ID CMS00033J
Job Location: Birchwood, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org