This listing is about Jacobs in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Jacobs, we’ll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
We are looking for an experienced Area Engineering Manager to lead multidisciplined teams for an exciting nuclear project
Other Responsibilities To Include
- Responsible for estimating, scheduling, forecasting and the production of the agreed design deliverables.
- Management of the DSA teams in production of deliverables
- Development of the safety case(s), including attendance at HAZOPs, support to safety assessment, review of ES, production of substantiation documentation.
- Resource identification of additional resource demand where required to ensure all deliverables can be originated and checked in accordance with the project schedule dates
- Interfacing with other Project Discipline leads within the project(s)
- Interfacing and engagement with Site clients and stakeholders.
Here’s What You’ll Need
Here’s What You Will Need
- Demonstrable track record of full project lifecycle delivery and the use of Sellafield management systems. (experience of working to Sellafield systems is desirable not essential)
- Demonstrable excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable evidence of strong leadership and organisation skills.
- Experience of managing a team of (internal and external) engineers and designers (across various locations/sites)
- Pragmatic approach (FFP) to problem solving and ability to apply engineering judgement.
- Programme and estimate preparation and forecasting to provide underpinned robust project & task estimates.
- Understanding and working knowledge of safety cases
- Working knowledge of Mechanical Handling systems and General Mechanical Design
- Understanding and experience of relevant legislation, standards and procedures relevant to mechanical equipment and Mechanical Handling
- Competent to provide oversight to designers in AutoCAD and 3D modelling
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
Job Reference ID CMS0003AQ
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org