This listing is about Jacobs in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Jacobs, we’ll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Jacobs Nuclear provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges. You will be rewarded with a very long term opportunity.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About The Opportunity
Design work on LSS1 continues with Concept Stage now complete. As this project moves into the Preliminary and Detailed design stages there is a requirement to grow the existing team. You will be joining the Civil, Structural and Architectural (CS&A) team, which is currently ten strong. The CS&A team are part of a wider multi-disciplinary delivery group comprising Mechanical, CE&I, Safety, Process Engineers and a Project Management Team.
LSS1 is a Mechanical handling plant on the Sellafield Site with particular features that make this the first in class for this type of facility.
The team is based in Birchwood but has been successfully combining remote working with some attendance in the design office. This challenge has been met with a weekly online meeting across the whole of the CS&A team and the development of specific groups including a cross discipline team for 3D modelling. Whether in the office or working remotely, the ethos is to encourage individuals to develop their own ways of working and to create their own solutions to design challenges.
The challenge of this project is that it has different features to other plants and that it is schedule driven. The team needs to continue to rise to that challenge in developing new and innovative solutions within these tight timescales. You will be expected to fully contribute to meeting these challenges.
You will be working in the delivery of engineering design work packages through preliminary and detailed design. Your responsibilities will include
- Creating civil drawings and details from agreed work scopes with minimum input from engineering personnel
- 3D modelling & detailing of civil works, from preliminary design stage to construction
- Provide guidance to and supervise the work of more junior technicians/drafters
- Work closely with the Architectural and Structural engineering team, and as part of the wider design team
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Appropriate qualifications in Civil Design e.g. MEng, BEng, BSC, HND, HNC
- Highly Experienced in the use of AutoCAD
- Proven design experience of most aspects of a highways scheme
- Experience of DMRB and MCHW standards
- An understanding of health and safety issues in relation to the design and construction of Civil Engineering works
- Demonstrable knowledge of highway design software packages such as Autodesk Civil 3D, KeySigns/Lines, Vehicle Tracking and ProjectWise
- An understanding of BIM
- Experience in projects delivering civil design solutions
- Understanding of project delivery through all stages of design (from concept to construction)
- Sound technical background and strong knowledge of manual and CAD draughting techniques
- Conversant with codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation applicable to draughting
- Conversant with company quality control assurance requirements applicable to draughting function
- Able to provide draughting checking function as directed by engineering personnel
- Nuclear industry experience or similar process industry
- Experience in MicroDrainage modelling or equivalent hydraulic design tools
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
Job Reference ID CMS0002M3
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org