This Job Listing is about Jaguar Land Rover in Warwickshire,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
<!--> REQ ID: 85239
JOB TITLE: Battery Current Quality Engineer
SALARY: £33,100 - £43,000
POSTING END DATE: 13 September 2022
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
What To Expect
The Battery team within Electrification Core Engineering (as part of Power Train) requires an experienced quality engineer to apply world class problem solving and analysis skills to improve the businesses capability to achieve high levels of reliability and robustness associated to our existing battery product range.
The HV batteries quality engineer is the technical focal point for battery quality issue resolution. The successful person would be responsible for interfacing with core team Subject Matter Experts; providing problem solving technical guidance and for supporting quality issue management and process development across the battery quality team. They take part or lead the battery quality issue resolution delivery.
Key Accountabilities And Responsibilities
What You’ll Need
- Customer issue resolution delivery and problem-solving technical excellence using the appropriate methodologies
- Technical analysis of customer issues using appropriate diagnostics tools
- Prevent recurrence initiation at the D4 step, working with battery core engineering
- Applying lessons learnt and best practises
- Knowledge of battery system architecture (LV, BEV, MHEV and PHEV)
- Strong people skills and the ability to work individually and in a cross functional team
- Knowledge of EV system diagnostics and be able to interrogate System diagnostic tools (logging equipment experience)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of meeting deadlines
- Experience of applying a Scientific / logical approach to problem solving using the appropriate methodology, e.g., 8D & 6-Sigma DMAIC
- The ability to make effective decisions in the best interest of the business and customer
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.-->
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline or in associated subjects such as electronics, electrical engineering or other technical qualifications.
- 6-Sigma Green Belt or enrolled on Green Belt training programme – can support this if not started or mid-way through training.
- Experience of using data logging analysis tools, e.g., CANalyser or CORVUS