Website Jobs via eFinancialCareers
This listing is about Jobs via eFinancialCareers in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Global Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal – the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
We are looking for a senior leader to create a Data Governance center of excellence to govern how data is collected, stored, structured, accessed and published at Bloomberg.Â The Data Governance Program Manager will partner closely with Global Data leadership to identify business needs and gaps for data governance implementation.Â In this role, you will be responsible for building a team and capability to enhance data governance and ultimately our data product offerings.Â Â
Â Weâ€™ll Trust You To
- Establish and implement a company wide Data Governance program that aligns with and accelerates Bloomberg business objectives;
- Build this program as a centralized shared service that can scale across the entire organization;
- Create the policies, procedures, best practices and frameworks to govern how the data is collected, stored, structured and accessed;
- Establish best practices to ensure data is consistent and compatible throughout our product offerings and of high quality;
- Work closely with key stakeholders and data subject matter experts to educate and increase adoption of the program;
- Build and maintain relationships with engineering and technology teams to ensure the data architecture meets the needs;
- Gain buy-in and appropriate resource allocation from senior management and other stakeholders to fund the program
- Make prioritization decisions around where to start first and then build the team over time to scale;
- Partner with HR to recruit, retain and develop diverse talent within your organization.
Youâ€™ll Need To Have
- A minimum of 8-12 years of data governance or similar experience that has prepared you for this role;
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree in finance, computer science, or similar field, an advanced degree is highly preferred;
- Past exposure and ability to define and build a new capability and team;
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of data governance, data analysis, data quality and data protection management practices;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct user research and surface insights that lead to commercial outcomes;
- Strong leadership skills and experience, with emphasis on executing projects in a matrix organization;
- Acute problem-solving and analytical skills (in particular, experience conducting product discovery by analyzing operational/ usage data and by interviewing users).
Does this sound like you?Â
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.Â If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email [email protected]. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or [email protected].
Company: Jobs via eFinancialCareers
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com