Website Cobblestone Energy
This job listing is about Cobblestone Energy in Shymkent, Shymkent, Kazakhstan 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Employment type: Full-time & Permanent
Starting salary of USD 60,000 per annum + performance based bonus’ – 0% tax environment
Job Location: Dubai, UAE (We provide visa sponsorship & relocation assistance)
About Cobblestone Energy
Cobblestone Energy is an energy trading company specialising in the Great Britain and European wholesale electricity markets. Founded in 2017, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading.
We make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country, and growing every day. In doing so, we help to balance the electricity grid, lowering the cost to end consumers, and aiding the transition to a renewable future. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business.
At Cobblestone Energy, we are a diverse team of over 50 people from 20+ nationalities – we believe in hiring extraordinary talent from all around the world. Our flat organizational structure helps us in giving our team members complete ownership of the work and ensures ideas come from every level. We believe in providing unlimited growth opportunities to our people alongside constant feedback and support, which allows us to cover our vulnerabilities and grow as a team in new and interesting ways. With the right performance and potential, you could be managing the power desk for an entire country within eighteen months in your role. Come join our dream team!
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas
- The team is more important than the individual
- Being the best in any market we enter
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people
- Others must benefit from our existence
What We Offer In This Role
- A full-time position on our Commercial team
- Committed and remarkably talented colleagues
- Highly competitive compensation dependent on performance
- An exciting, challenging and fulfilling career
- Investment in your development to ensure that you always remain the best in business
- Equity participation for strong contributors, ensuring our interests are all aligned long term
- Owning, managing, and profitably trading in the European power markets while implementing any relevant strategies
- Innovating new ideas for trading tools and strategies then working with the analysis and development teams to implement them
- Working as a part of our 24/7 operating trading team, to ensure markets are always covered
- Utilising self-starter capability while also working efficiently within a team environment
- Ensuring all power market regulations and requirements are upheld through good communication with the system operators
- Upholding and living our cultural values
- Excellent numerical and logical reasoning skills
- Ability to think clearly in critical situations
- Passion, resilience, and integrity
Preferred Qualification & Background
We look for individuals from strong numerical backgrounds as such skills carry over well for excelling as a Junior Trader. However, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and experiences with a track record of excellence, both inside and outside of academics.
The Hiring Process
After your application is evaluated, assessments will include psychometric tests, a trading simulation, research project and remote interviews. All the finalists will then be invited for final round of the recruitment process which is a one-week training program, the Commercial Training Program (CTP), at our Dubai office. We will cater for all relocation costs, including flights, tickets, accommodation, work visa paperwork, and related expenses. Those who pass the CTP will be offered a full-time role at Cobblestone Energy and join our 7-12 month long Commercial Development Programme (CDP).
The CDP is a well-structured rotational programme giving you exposure to both trading and analytics. In the CDP, you will work alongside our seasoned commercial team members, who will mentor you on the market fundamentals to help you develop potent trading and analytical skills.
Company: Cobblestone Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Shymkent, Shymkent, Kazakhstan
Application Deadline: N/A